• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel pressure test port

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

On an electric gauge like the ISSPro EV2, you can't use the needle valve for snubbing. Being the gauge is internally dampened by software and nearly impossible to set properly. Then needle valve now becomes a fallback safety shut off valve so if there was a tubing failure under the hood I can just simply close the needle valve and continue driving. 

I use a needle valve as a snubber.  I've never had any issues with mine.  The valve is just barely cracked open.

• Like 2

I have two snubbers.  A snubber on the gauge line coming off the fuel filter housing and ISSPRO custom installed a snubber orifice in the mechanical gauge for me for free.  Smooth and responsive gauge movement.

Oh yeah, I also installed a tee in the gauge line after the before the snubber and re-installed the OEM schrader valve test port in that tee.  I've only had to use it a couple times but I was sure glad it was there when I needed it.  I also bought a Vulcan test gauge and have it sitting around just in case.  Its always good to confirm your in-cab gauge upon installation at the very least.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KATOOM said:

I have two snubbers.  A snubber on the gauge line coming off the fuel filter housing and ISSPRO custom installed a snubber orifice in the mechanical gauge for me for free.  Smooth and responsive gauge movement.

Oh yeah, I also installed a tee in the gauge line after the before the snubber and re-installed the OEM schrader valve test port in that tee.  I've only had to use it a couple times but I was sure glad it was there when I needed it.  I also bought a Vulcan test gauge and have it sitting around just in case.  Its always good to confirm your in-cab gauge upon installation at the very least.

That's my thoughts with this as well.  That's the plan.

• Like 1