• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Trans problems

8 hours ago, JAG1 said:

You know the state I'm in says that I have to have insurance that covers bad workmanship. It also covers anything that I don't make right with a warrantee, in other words the insurance or the bond (which is additional type of insurance cost) will pay for another contractor to come in and do it right.

Now with all the crap from the gov't. (horrible stupid classes and expenses) I put up with why in the H___  can't they do the same with trans shops?? After all a transmission going out at a critical moment in traffic can be a life threatening situation... much more than some ones cabinet getting wet from a bad roofer.

This is very true. I really wish I could go after this guy for knowingly building a bad transmission and then rigging it to make it work and now he won't answer me at all so now I'm out $4000 and a transmission.....

He also couldn't bother to tell me he put an older style valvebody on there so when I went to buy a transmission filter I bought one for a 2002, well those are too thick and won't let the pan on. I had to buy one from a 95

The valve body is not thicker, the pan is shallower on the early ones. Why he would have changed to an early shallow pan is beyond me... It makes me wonder just exactly what he built you!

Something in there is definitely coming apart and making metal, and lots of it (duh...!). It sounds like it's slipping in several gears, and if you can put your finger between the servo pin and band lever after recently adjusting the band, your band (and likely your direct drum) is toast.

At this point, it is really going to need to come apart, including the valve body, to find where the metal is coming from, and why it failed.

• Like 2

Damnit I can't afford this right now...

Well whatever he did he's not willing to fess up and say he screwed up and used wrong parts. Id be more than happy if he just refunded me my money and I give him his transmission back

• Staff

I wonder.... if the failure happened in Idaho, could you take him to small claims court in that state, making him have to travel there. An attorney could get you a better return in a court if you can prove fraud because in a fraudulent case you are eligible to receive additional settlement.

I don't think I'd let this guy off the hook seeing the damage.

I paid for it through PayPal when I was in Kansas and it came to me all messed up but all this happened either when I was towing a uhaul box trailer to Idaho and here in Idaho 

They didn't give me any paperwork with the transmission so I have no clue what parts are in it, what the warrante details are or anything about it

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah there's a life lesson. I bet if I tried to send it back to him to be warrantied I would never see it again. Hell I'd be happy if he gave me a refund and he takes the transmission back but I doubt that

There's a local shop here called diesel mafia performance that does financing on suncoast transmissions but you need to have held a job for a year. That's where I'm screwed, I was at my previous job for 8 years then quit there and was relocated here by my current job and have been here for about 4 months