• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Governor solenoid choices

The GM conversion is no better than the Borg Warner HD, but it is 3x as expensive. The GM conversion uses a late-model 4L60E  pressure control solenoid, which often become troublesome when they get up there in mileage.I build a lot of 4L60E's that are on my bench because of this solenoid...

The BD kit (TCS also sells it) simply uses an early metal transducer (which tend to be a bit more robust) and supply a small harness that converts the wiring to work with the late-model PCM. I have never used one, so I don't know the specifics on their little wire harness.

I use and highly recommend the Borg Warner HD and an OEM or Borg Warner transducer...

17 hours ago, Jbolduc said:

I ended up going with these 

image.png

Those are the ones... Decent price, too. We sell them for a couple of bucks cheaper, but this is a good price, too.

• Like 4