• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Time to upgrade Programmer

My DPP died and they no longer service the Power Puck that I have. So, I am in the market for a programmer/ Tuner. I am looking hard at the Quadzilla Xzt or adrenaline. 

I would like any suggestions or feedback on those products or something else. 

Well as far as manufacturers go, I'd personally pick between Edge or Quadzilla. You could also go with a smarty too if you wanted.

There's a lot of different factors that come into play to get your truck through another 100k.

The Quad XZT is a no tap box where as the Quad Adrenaline does have that option. I say option because you don't have to tap the VP even with the adrenaline, but you'd be wasting money on that tuner if you didn't tap it.

BTW..

I have a couple close friends that live in Tyler! :thumbup2:

Depends on what you want between features, power, tunabilty and cost.  Smarty, tst, edge, quad, etc.  Used vs new... what are you wanting to end up with?  Nobody has a crystal ball for your truck to last another 100k.

I don't really care about tune ability I would just prefer plug and go. I would also like fuel economy my truck has always get 13-15 mpg. City or highway. 

I guess what I meant by the 100k more miles I didn't want it to cause reliability issues

I wouldn't mind buying used I haven't found any locally or eBay.

Edited by 903Dodge

12 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I would suggest the Adrenaline tuner. Way better control of fuel and tuning which is needed for good MPG's. XZT is like the Edge EZ which is rather poor for a tuner / MPG wise. More aggressive the tuner the better the MPG can be.

20mnpf.jpg

Mike... how many miles traveled for those MPGs? Why the big drop on April 7th?

• Owner
3 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Best mpg comes on the highest setting with a light foot

Like myself I'm running wide open on my Edge Comp (5x3). I'm only using the sublevel 3 for smoke control. Light right foot, low boost, low EGT's net the highest MPG's. S like my previous post about more aggressive the tuner the better the MPG is true.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner
3 hours ago, 903Dodge said:

Anyone that has the quadzilla adrenaline. Does your Boost gauge that read off the display bounce all over the place?

I would hook up a mechanical gauge and verify against the reading on Quadzilla if weird and random I would verify the MAP sensor plugs are in tight and locked. Then you might have to change MAP sensors but since they are rather expensive I would test with mechanical gauge first before randomly buying a MAP sensor guessing. You have to remember Quadzilla is only seeing the same data the ECM is seeing to a point the boost fooling occurs.