• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

relay board and accessory power feed

• Owner

I'm already running a small version of this. 4 place terminal strip.

1. +12V Battery
  2. +12V Keyed
  3. Illumination
  4. Ground

Position 1 is a 20A fuse lead out to the PDC battery terminal. Position 2 is a relayed power by position 1 triggered by key ON. Position 3 is tapped at the radio lead for gauge lighting. Position 4 is grounded to the body inside the cab no need for battery connection.

For sure keeps you from hacking up a stock wiring harness, also removes the junk from the batteries.

Old picture but the concept...

DSCF2119.JPG

So cleaning the battery up from this...DSCF2774.JPG

To this... DSCF4886.JPG

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

connectors (hv side done) gotta get more connectors for switch side

image.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm curious where this is getting mounted... :think:

either on the underside of the hood or positioned with velcro in the corner on driverside near the hinge of hood. ill tackle that challenge when i get there hahaha

• Like 1

• Owner

Like this picture. Heavy red with fuse is my fog lights, red wire without fuse is AirDog, black with fuse is cab accessories. Cover goes back on and the batteries are clean and don't have four tons of cables tied to the positive post. Much much clean under the hood.

WARNING! Do not use the other stud. If the alternator fuse should happen to blow the PCM with crank up the field voltage attempting to charge the batteries but can't because of the fuse is OPEN. Any device tied to the alternator lead will most likely be damaged or destroyed electrically when the voltage spikes out over 20 Volts. This why I warn people about the old method of wiring the AirDog to the alternator which is a very bad idea...

2dj3y9i.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

so today i got both front bars and rear pods installed along with the 10m ham and 102" whip.

Yes everyone was right in asking where im putting this relay unit as i highly overestimated the space (none) so i found a solution that actually works well.

Magnets!

i will stick the relay box to the underside of the hood, when i lift the hood the cables have enough length to span the gap. if i need to get it out the way i just pull it off and move it, ease of access too!

this weekend will be the wiring madness!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by CUMMINSDIESELPWR