• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bad Injectors ? Video Inside

Hi Folks,

My truck started smoking blue \ white at startup. I will smoke until I start driving, it drives fine currently it has 240,000 miles still on the stock injectors I get constant 20 psi fuel pressure at idle and between 15 and 18 psi while driving. i think my injectors are done what do you guys think ?

Thanks !

Edited by Z06Frank

What was the temperature when you started it? It sounds pretty cold. It is likely the injectors are getting tired, but a malfunctioning grid heater can cause white smoke as well. 

Here's an extreme version with huge injectors that have about 2K on them and no grid heater. The end of the video is similar to yours.

• Like 1

It was about 50 when I took the video so it was not that cold. I went ahead and ordered injectors since there due to be changed anyways. The VP was changed about 4 years ago so I highly doubt that the issue since I always monitored the fuel pressure.

1 minute ago, Z06Frank said:

It was about 50 when I took the video so it was not that cold. I went ahead and ordered injectors since there due to be changed anyways. The VP was changed about 4 years ago so I highly doubt that the issue since I always monitored the fuel pressure.

Good to hear. I'me sure if you haven't changed injectors before you've seen the article. Keep us updated!

Just now, Mopar1973Man said:

@TFaoro Holy cow dude. That just cruel to let your truck lope and knock puking out lots of unburnt fuel.

Yeah..... that's what it does until it clears up though. Nothing I do helps it clear up until it builds some heat. If it's under 50deg I use the grid heaters though.