• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Transmission Cooler

Gents, I think I am going to pick up a set of Fast coolers from Genos Garage. Since they come in sets of two would anyone be interested in buying the other one? I don't think I can fit the passenger side with the 5" exhaust. I just want the pre-tapped hole for the temp sensor, and some extra cooling. If no one wants one it's going up for sale on the classifieds here and on CF.

I'd be willing to pay more than half since I would be getting the one that's tapped. @Mopar1973Man if you're interested PM me and we can work an even lower price since you keep this place running!

https://www.genosgarage.com/product/fc-6-spd-dg/transmission-coolers

It will fit if you have a 4" down pipe, but it will be really close and not worth in my opinion. It would soak more heat from exhaust then cool, plus you'll have to almost take downpipe off to put it on. I put a filter on that side, maybe you can mill it off or cut it in half and use sorter bolts. Put one half on tranny and the other on tcase. I have a 4" down pipe. Not sure if I got sensor in right spot, you can flip it and have it facing forward too.

20160516_185318.jpg

20160520_180926.jpg

Edited by Dieselfuture

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

It will fit if you have a 4" down pipe, but it will be really close and not worth in my opinion. It would soak more heat from exhaust then cool, plus you'll have to almost take downpipe off to put it on. I put a filter on that side, maybe you can mill it off or cut it in half and use sorter bolts. Put one half on tranny and the other on tcase. I have a 4" down pipe. Not sure if I got sensor in right spot, you can flip it and have it facing forward too.

20160516_185318.jpg

20160520_180926.jpg

My DP is 4" but it's SUPER short. Like comes off the primary turbo, down, has 3" straight and is cut off.

The filter.... spill the beans! It won't go on the Tcase... not sure where it'd go on it.

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

What do you mean by beans? If you're asking what's up with the filter then this is what I just did. 

Can't believe I forgot about that thread. Thank you!!

12 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

20160516_185318.jpg

20160520_180926.jpg

That an exhaust shield you got on there?

9 hours ago, TFaoro said:

Can't believe I forgot about that thread. Thank you!!

No problem man, I can't seem to remember as much as I want ether.

7 hours ago, notlimah said:

That an exhaust shield you got on there?

Yeap, cheap and I hope affective, better than some flimsy crap they put on some vehicles. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

I'm thinking about the aluminum and exhaust clamp idea as well just for sake of radiant heat from the exhaust on slow speeds and hill climbing in the forest. As for exhaust pipe wrap / jacket or fast coolers I'm not going that far. What little summer heat I've got to deal with and so far with the monitoring the transmission temperature I've not seen anything to panic about for transmission temperatures.

Edited by Mopar1973Man