• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Drive without front driveshaft

On 6/25/2016 at 3:27 PM, Cowboy said:

With a CAD axle the front driveshaft wouldn't spin.... If it was a perfect world.... It spins.

Sorry guys, wrong thread haha.

On 6/26/2016 at 11:25 AM, KATOOM said:

Probably about 150 rpm while driving down the freeway.....  Sure I guess thats technically "spinning", although slow enough that you can visually count the revolutions.

Just because. hehe

Either way, regardless of how fast it spins, it has been known to cause vibration.

• Like 1

The internal drag inside the transfer case from fluid and bearings.  I'm sure the drivers side axle is also helping it turn a small amount simply from the fluid viscosity as the spider gears move.

And thanks for the video Cowboy.  Thats awesome.....  Gotta love GoPro's. :thumbup2:

Edited by KATOOM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KATOOM said:

And thanks for the video Cowboy.  Thats awesome.....  Gotta love GoPro's. :thumbup2:

No problemo.  And, umm, a... it was actually just an old camera and a bungee... :thumb1:

• Like 1

My front shaft when disengaged has a slight resistance to it before I can freely start spinning it, once It's spinning it is very easy to continue to do so but if I stop for few seconds then it gets sticky again. Maybe there is some sort of brake on it somewhere from factory and eventually it wears out and able to spin at will. Or maybe my seals are still that good and that's what's causing that drag, but only for a first 1/8 of revolution then it's like some one let's go the break and it's free. Not sure what it is. But maybe it does exactly what this video shows. 

Edited by Dieselfuture