• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Leveling kit questions

14 hours ago, joecool911 said:

Just put a big a$$ trailer behind your truck and no leveling will be needed. The older I get the less I like jacked up rigs. Lots of downside. 

11 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

:iagree: Absolutely...

Not sure about the long bed 24V, but the short bed is horribly low in the front compared to the rear. Even with 2" up in the front, the rear still sits higher on my truck. I do plan on putting bags in the rear of mine so when I do get those really heavy loads it'll sit level like it should.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TFaoro said:

Not sure about the long bed 24V, but the short bed is horribly low in the front compared to the rear. Even with 2" up in the front, the rear still sits higher on my truck. I do plan on putting bags in the rear of mine so when I do get those really heavy loads it'll sit level like it should.

True.  Even thought they call it a "leveling kit" my truck is not level.  The back still sits considerably higher.  So its a sorta level kit.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Me78569 said:

So in theory you should get 5x the use out of the joint?  then you must get new oem style joints?

Precisely! My brother has them on every joint except where the drag link connects to the crossover bar. Been 2 years so far with no adjustment and it's been fine.

• Owner

I'm still on the fence about the Luke's Links. I know it works but I see people on CF that fight the Luke's Link with constantly needing to adjust the device to keeping the joint's tight. Here I am still with OEM tie rod ends at 264k miles and rolling. I might have good luck with them being my steering appears to have littler wear issues compared to many other that seen to wear everything out in a few months time.

Like coming down from Billy and Tony's place. Offroad quite a bit...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I have been going about 4 years and about 65K. miles, since I installed lukes link. I did the tie rod ends, pitman arm and rebuilt factory track bar, I have not  had to do any adjustments or shims.  90% highway driving, and a couple shots of greese at every oil change,I am confident they will last many years and miles to come.

The only issue with the track bar link is that they are kind of bulky,and when turning on a rough road the front diff is bouncing and the differential cover will rub on the link a little. I used a grinder to take off some of the material around the link, and it seemed to fix the problem until I added a heavy front bumper and now it rubs slightly every now and then, but you really have to be in rough terrain and bouncing good.

Lukes Link fix is to add a leveling kit but I decided to go with heavy duty snowplow springs instead, I haven't installed them yet, just waiting to get some shocks and do it all at once. Im sure that will cure that

• Like 1

I've got skyjacker 2 inch levelling springs that I got from Summit racing I believe, and it seemed to level it pretty close but I have one extra leaf in the back of my truck .   The front sits just slightly lower than the back so when I do load the back up everything so it's nice and level perfect. 

Mine is a 2002 ram 2500 diesel  with the camper Springs.