• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My latest UOA

AH64ID

• Staff

This is a good reason why I run Amsoil AME in my truck. 

As you can see the oil had over 10K miles on it. I ended up running it a little longer than I have been the last few years because I did a trip in May/June to Arizona and didn't figure the additional highway miles would hurt, and they didn't. 

10,583 miles, 308 hours, 733.8 gallons, and just under 13 months. 

Of those miles 2679 were towing which is a decent percentage when you take out the 3544 miles I did in 6 weeks to/from Arizona, which is just under 40% towing. 

The oil looks like it had quite a bit of life left in it but I'm good changing it. 

Not to bad for making 410/850 to the ground and using the truck pretty hard. 

*Don't mind the two cautions on last years change as they were a carryover from the Delo 400 LE on the change before. 

AME.jpg

• Like 3

• Staff

The oil sample only takes a couple ounces.

I collect mine at the bypass filter return cap so it's very clean. On my wifes 4Runner I installed a petcock to same oil with.

I do not change the filters. The Donaldson ELF7349 is a 25K mile rated filter and the bypass is a 60K mile rated filter. I change them both with the oil annually.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

I think the iron is pretty low. Iron is the main component in this engine so it stands to reason it's in the sample. It's not even to a severity 1, and quite a ways from it IIRC. Wear metals are just that, wear metals. 

IIRC Severity 1 starts around 100 ppm and Severity 2 starts around 150 ppm. 26 ppm is nothing to even give a second look. 

Calcium is a good thing and why I like Amsoil as a detergent oil. 

Edited by AH64ID
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2016 at 0:24 PM, AH64ID said:

I do not change the filters. The Donaldson ELF7349 is a 25K mile rated filter and the bypass is a 60K mile rated filter. I change them both with the oil annually.

I'm confused, do you or not change filters once a year when changing oil. I only change my service filter every time, and bypass I flush out by running engine and holding return line ( like yours oil fill cap ) over a small bucket and run maybe 1.5 2 qts through it, by that time oil is clean. Not planning on changing it till it quits flowing or rusts away.

• Staff
On 8/1/2017 at 8:32 AM, Dieselfuture said:

I'm confused, do you or not change filters once a year when changing oil. I only change my service filter every time, and bypass I flush out by running engine and holding return line ( like yours oil fill cap ) over a small bucket and run maybe 1.5 2 qts through it, by that time oil is clean. Not planning on changing it till it quits flowing or rusts away.

I change the oil and both filters every year. 

The bypass can probably run longer than one change but I want a fresh one each year. 

On my wife's 4Runner I change the bypass every other year. 

Edited by AH64ID