• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

11 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

A lot of it is smoke driven. Often a greyish haze is seen around optimal timing/fuel when fueling heavily. This gives me an idea that I am nearing max timing and will adjust from there, usually a small retard in timing cleans it up nicely.

that is very intesting.  I noticed this when I upped my max timing from 26* to 29*   I now have a slight grey haze, but a much better pulling truck in the 2800+ rpm

So what I am getting is 

1. Smoke telling you whats happening

2. noise

3. datalogging and resulting fuel logs

I find it a VERY difficult and time consuming to nail down a change I would call " progress"

as for economy, my truck seems to be easy to please.  If I stick timing between 19-20* at 65 mph I get no less than 24 mpg.  as soon as I go more than 1-2* away from that mpg drops like a stone.

Edited by Me78569

I am not complaining, nor do I understand it.  

I will say that if other tuners in the vp44 world, including the old Quadzilla tunes, aren't blowing heads off left and right / causing major issues, then there is very little risk of causing damage on a vp truck in the 2500+ rpm area as a result of too much timing.   I dont think the vp44 can give us enough true timing at the injector to cause damage in the 2.5k rpm + area.