• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

Alright,

I have upped the boost reads to 32 times to average, which has made it a lot less jumpy.  Fueling reflects that.  Boost still builds very smooth.  

I still have to load the custom tune 2 times in order for it to take effect, I have no idea why.

• Like 1

I never knew how much I missed have cruise control.  It works great now that I am below oem fueling commands.  Cruise holds good and doesnt over react if you lose some mph due to a hill or headwind, rather it increases TPS just enough and the truck slowly increases speed.

21 hours ago, Me78569 said:

churn that pot until I get butter 

Churned it!

Now I've got smooth as butter tuning. I am sending you a PM right after this as well.

I've got the power starting out at 68%. This does make me let off the clutch easier, but it's still not easy to kill the motor.

From there it ramps up, and by 15psi it is at 100%

0      68

1      68

2      69

3      70

4      72

5      74

6      76

7      78

8      80

9      83

10    86

11    89

12    92

13    95

14    97

15   100

16 and up is 100%

Can-bus min = 50%

Can-bus max = 100%

Can-bus isn't a big deal for me as I rarely change it off of level 2.

Driving this morning, I could hit the throttle from idle straight up to 35%, had zero smoke, and the power ramped up to 35psi of boost or so. Plenty of power to keep up with traffic and then some. I could continue to lay into it and have 50psi or so. Lots of power available for level 2

28 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

You need smaller injectors hahahaha.  

Noooooooooo!!

Maybe I'll throw in some 7x.014 sacs just to prove they can be clean :stirthepot: 

I bet I'll even get good mileage with them! :tease:

Edited by TFaoro

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

hahahahaha

You are effectively using the programmer to reduce fueling only hahahahaha

VERY VERY common in the HPCR world. It allows someone to use big enough injectors at high rpms to keep the injector open time down and the timing not too extreme and still drive it easily at partial throttle.

Turning down the fuel on custom tuning is crucial to good drivability.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

VERY VERY common in the HPCR world. It allows someone to use big enough injectors at high rpms to keep the injector open time down and the timing not too extreme and still drive it easily at partial throttle.

Turning down the fuel on custom tuning is crucial to good drivability.

This is exactly what the VP guys have been missing to make the trucks street friendly with big injectors. I'm glad I've got some big ones to test with and prove we can make them clean!

• Like 1

Drove the truck back and forth the last two days after filling up. 220 miles or so.... about 65% highway and 35% city on a very hilly route. Managed to get 20.93mpg. That's the best I've gotten with these injectors, and it's only 2mpg less than my best with the 125s (23mpg). The new tuning is working nicely :stirthepot: 

• Like 3

Both pulls I was going up a slight hill (same hill) I let off and let the boost hit zero, then went straight to 100% Starting mph was 55 in 6th gear.

Edited by TFaoro
  • Like 4