• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

• Owner

I should have to install any apps to make up for shortcomings of an app. Like OBDLink telling me I need a tasker app to make the OBDLink App to auto connect to the Bluetooth every time I start the truck. Oh, Wait... Quadzilla does that without the tasker app. So why do I need to have folder app to just save log files to the memory of the phone? Oh, Wait... Google Docs or MS Word does that right now without exporting files to a folder App. So again this is a shortcoming of the app that needs to be considered and possibly corrected. Not everyone has instant access to WiFi, cell service or internet to transfer files to a cloud and back to computer nor should we have to load a bunch of extra apps to make up for short comings of the main app.

Yes, I'll load up the folder explorer app just to band-aid it for now... 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I don't know if it is possible to have a choice in place to have the app dictate where the export gets saved.   The perk of using the "intent" function of android allows the user to choose what to do with it.   What you see pop up when you hit export is the intent function asking the user how they want to handle the action you requested.  This is a fundamental android function that pretty much makes a system wide API.

Personally I would not use a natively built in save function because I just use Google drive.  It automatically syncs.

So if the cost of having a natively built in export save function removes the intent function of the app / android then I think it is a step backwards and I would be very unhappy.  I don't want to be limited to only saving the export file to a location on the device.  This is why I suggest have a folder program installed on the drive so when you call the Android intent process it finds that program and does what you want.

The way it is setup now is a future proof method or exporting data.

• Like 1

So I'm still not understanding the timing parameters despite watching the tutorial vid and reading the in depth article here as well as on quads website. 

I have stock injectors right now. Hopefully that changes soon. 

I drove truck today and watched the timing carefully at about 60-65 mph/2100-2300 rims. I have 4:10 gears with 285 tires. Timing seemed to hover at 17.20-17.67, I watched it and it didn't go up to 17.7 at all. Despite having my cruise timing advance at 3*. Should I set it higher just for cruise state? And then set the load timing offset to 3 that way it pulls more timing when I get higher boost and I don't end up with head gasket problems. 

I hope its ok to post screenshots of my tune, if not tell me and I'll just type it out on the deal Mike made up in the custom tune thread. 

rLOoeNb.png

1NEIsCA.png

nNZwVYn.png

m9NoCfF.png

5Wva6yz.png

I really liked the way my edge fueled on 5x5....I'm trying mimic that and get good MPG

I could pull 14K #s on level 2x3 on the edge....that was a very good level....EGTs would never climb past 1100, even if I accidently lugged it. 

Getting my head wrapped around this timing deal and the cause ad effect is rather difficult for me. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Would me posting exported data help? 

Edited by crf450ish

Exporting data always helps,that will tell us what the truck is doing rather than trying to guess.

If you want more meat then bump your canbus fueling more.  You won't hurt anything.

Also on stock injectors if you want more bottom end reduce your pump low boost scale psi from 8 to 1 or 2 if you want it to drive like the edge on 5x5. Setting it at 8 means you get 0 wiretap until 8 psi.  Good setting for bigger injectors but not so much stock fueling.

Rest of the tune seems good.  From my testing only timing really has changed mpg much.  Fueling doesn't do much so long as wiretap isn't going crazy.

• Like 1

@Me78569 I have been trying like hell to get a tank where I didn't pull anything but haven't had much luck until today.  Went on a 4 hour detour today running around 65mph and filled up twice with two different tunes just to see if I could get the truck to register some mileage.  First tank with high timing, sat around 19.5-20 while running 65, averaged 14.6mpg.  Now I was running into a little head wind but nothing that should have dropped me into trailer mileage territory.  So I figured I would go the other way and run less aggressive timing and sure enough ended up netting 17.4 with timing hovering around 17.5-18.

Still need to do a little hunting for the sweet spot but I have no doubt in my mind that I will be able to touch at least 18.  Not terribly great considering what yall are pulling but definitely better than what I have seen.  Still not sure if it's due to the HO motor, but I can definitely say that the higher timing hurts my mileage significantly. 

@crf450ish Timing is good to an extent.  I think the generally consensus is 18-20 is about what you need to aim for while cruising.  Too much timing just seems to cause some weird idle characteristics that we have not been able to explain.  Keep it under 20 and you should be fine.

5 minutes ago, crf450ish said:

And max timing in the equalizer parameters only means timing won't go above whatever you set it at, at max engine load %, right?

To my understanding it's more of a set point rather than a limiter.  For instance, you can set it at 30 degrees at 3k but it won't necessarily be able to attain that.  I've seen it in the logs before but it gets rough above 26.

5 minutes ago, crf450ish said:

But that doesn't apply to cruise state timing?

Correct.

• Like 1

Max timing setting is above 3k rpm it wont go over that.  Max fuel load timing sets how much of that rpm timing is related to load %. So in order to reach that timing limit you set you would have to be at %100 canbus fueling.

Each truck will be different at cruise state.  My truck likes to sit at 20* at 65. Yours might like 17* or 19*.  Issue is I am no tuning genius I just created the interface lol.  All I know for tuning is what works on my truck.

• Like 1

• Owner
9 hours ago, crf450ish said:

But then how do I assure that theres not TOO much timing being added

You'll hear it. The rattle will get rather pronounced. 

I've got to update me tune log again I jump up to 1.9% on the fuel map really got some power building but now I've got to watch the smoke amount and the EGT's actually bounces off the EGT limit at 1,300*F compared to my economy tune which you could mat it and take nearly everything to touch 1,200*F. 

9 hours ago, crf450ish said:

And max timing in the equalizer parameters only means timing won't go above whatever you set it at, at max engine load %, right?

But that doesn't apply to cruise state timing?

Performance timing slider vs cruise state timing are different. You can limit performance say 16* at 1500 RPM and then be at 1600 RPM with a cruise timing of 20*. So no the max timing does not limit the cruise timing but it does limit the performance timing. 

17 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I am no tuning genius I just created the interface lol.  All I know for tuning is what works on my truck.

I'm also learning quickly at what the tuning game is all about. With all the stuff I read about P7100 timing and tuning you figure that would help... Nope. The only thing I can give is that the general idea of timing is more advancement moves the torque curve up in RPM's. So it's a matter of figuring out this torque curve and getting the timing to push it along at the same rate as your throttling or cruising. So there is no set magical point or way of copying someone's tune to hit dead on. You might get close but you'll always be tweaking just a wee bit to get the most out of it.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

. So there is no set magical point or way of copying someone's tune to hit dead on. You might get close but you'll always be tweaking just a wee bit to get the most out of it.

really it comes down to the more tuning you do the better the truck will run, but you can get "most of the way there" by using someone else's tune.   If it runs good enough at that point then fine.