• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

19 hours ago, TFaoro said:

So the quad is touching it while the tps is at 0. That would explain the hard knocking I was telling you about. Maybe you need to make sure the quad doesn't touch the truck when tps is 0 and speed <35 (or whatever cruise can be set at)

That hard knock happens to me, but only when i leave warmup mode on.  I have a video of it if you'd like.  With warmup mode off the truck behaves as it should

Ok WTH is going on here? Hard knocking is occurring when warm up mode is on ? @TFaoro AND when the switch is turned to 3 cal high idle. (Now I'm fully aware that the moparman switch has zero to do with this issue) I don't understand, because doesn't warmup mode just keep you from inadvertently ruining something when the engine is cold? Just like the Edge.... so how would warmup mode affect anything? lol ?

Since I've enabled high idle via Smarty that I rented from DAP, I use it every time I warm up my truck (today was 1st day with high temp above 35* @ my place) and I do hear the louder than normal knocking. I just chalked it up to high timing when cold and timing lowering the warmer the engine gets. That's what I've observed. 

Edited by crf450ish

Well I know what is causing the fuel altering at idle,  I am goin gto disable and get it to you guys to try out.  this means however that the Quad will no longer use the 0psi setting for driving during warmup mode, you will get OEM fuel.

2 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Yep, 

HOWEVER,

THEY DO NOT PLAY WELL TOGETHER.  lol if you have OEM high idle enabled DO NOT use the Quads High idle.  It will make the truck angry.

Wait, what?!?!? The quad has its own high idle? And it fights the factory high idle I just enabled a month ago?

There's a switch that is turned on in the quad in the setting menu called " high idle"    If you have factory high idle you leave the Quads high idle off, if you don't have factory high idle then you can leave the quad high idle on.  

4 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

There's a switch that is turned on in the quad in the setting menu called " high idle"    If you have factory high idle you leave the Quads high idle off, if you don't have factory high idle then you can leave the quad high idle on.  

You mean high idle delay?

Yep that is also a trigger for high idle enable.  

you only have an issue if you have 3 cyl kick in while the quad is asking for high idle.  What happens is the ecm asks for a 0 coomand every other time so the Quad sees that and 0 * what hte quad wants  = 0 so the engine shuts off.

just don't use them together, OEM high idle is better so just leave the Quads disabled. 

Edited by Me78569

I went out and loaded a V1 tune, and ran the truck on 3cyl mode, same temp as the current v2 tune.  I am getting good temp in 6 cyl mode.  I am honestly not sure whats up..if anything.  

I re-reverted the code back to have the 0 psi setting if in warmup if your 0 psi setting i sbelow 0. 

I am not sure if there is actually a true issue, or if the act of testing warms up the engine enough to make 3 cyl mode cooler?  I dunno I am confused, but V1 tunes act in the same manner.  

Whihc is a good thing because I was struggling ot see how it was possible that the Quad was doing anything at idle in warmup mode.  

Onto hard knock issue now. I went out and turned warmup on and off and idle sound was the same.  Treed post up a video.

So the hard knock.

How the Quad Handles timing when cold, thanks to @tfaoro

So if Coolant is under 120* you get oem timing, no if's and's or but's.  Even if warmup mode is disabled, you will still get oem timing until 120* ECT.  

So if you have warmup mode enabled, say 150*, OEM timing is used until 150* is reached then quad timing is reached. 

Keep in mind that you will hear a VERY distint change in "engine knock" when warmup mode disables.   If coolant is over 120* and you disable warmup mode, again you will hear a very distint change.  

So what we need to know is if engine noise changes if you disable warmup mode while ect's are below 120*.  Engine noise should not change. It doesn't for me, just tested it.  

Please let me know if you hear a difference by disabling warmup mode when ect's are cold.

I tested it too, as you know @Me78569, and I did not have any change in engine noise when ECT's were below 120*, with both warmup mode on and off.  From 120* to the 150* that my warmup mode is set to, I had a distinct knocking sound, predominately at idle, that went away as soon as 150* was reached.

• Like 1

@trreed

What are the odds you can get a data log of this?  I am looking through my logs of warmup and I am seeing nothing "jumping" at the 120* mark to point me in a direction.

i'm gonna try tomorrow to get a log of this, but I am not hopeful that my truck does did.