• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

With the Vulcan mechanical fuel gauge, can someone tell me what the silver fitting that's about 1" long, and has a plastic valve stem cap inside of it, is for?  I've attached a picture of them.  The plastic cap was inside the fitting, and the fitting was attached to the hose.

fitting.jpg

:think: Hmmm..... That looks like a tire valve stem remover.  Hopefully the intention of this contraption was not to use the removers little hole as a "snubber" as its crammed in the fitting.  That would be podunk for sure.  Giving them the benefit of doubt, maybe you need to call Vulcan and ask them.

48 minutes ago, KATOOM said:

:think: Hmmm..... That looks like a tire valve stem remover.  Hopefully the intention of this contraption was not to use the removers little hole as a "snubber" as its crammed in the fitting.  That would be podunk for sure.  Giving them the benefit of doubt, maybe you need to call Vulcan and ask them.

Valve stem remover is exactly what I thought.  Just got a reply from Vulcan.  Here's what they said: The kits are universal for all years, the silver piece is a 4/2 pipe adapter for those that may need it such as attaching an electric sender to the end of the hose and the other is a core too for 2000-2002.