• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tapping noise

It isnt good.  Rod bearing or injector is typical for a tap.  I dont recall seeing any lifter issues.  You might get a clue by sending an oil sample in and seeing whats high...  

Edited by CSM

I vote lash as well otherwise get a northern tool 5 dollar stethoscope to help isolate location block or head.....:thumb1:

Also I'd say change the oil but put cheese cloth over the pan to filter oil through it can get messy so plan accordingly once drained pull cloth and inspect with daylight followed by the brightest light you have access to...  you likely won't see anything but with the light if you have issues the cloth will likely glint or glare from shiny metal if you see that jar up some drain oil and send it out for analysis.... best of luck 

Edited by WiscoRedkneck

Steven,

You may want to double check for an exhaust leak.  The ISB just seems to love cracking an exhaust manifold and/or losing an exhaust stud near #6 cylinder.    Rattle Monster happens to have both at the moment, and over the weekend buddies had trucks over and of the other three in my driveway, 2 were missing exhaust studs. 

Hope it is something simple like that!

Hag

• Like 1

• 1 month later...