• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Power tow mirrors with blinkers

Actually they do! :hyper: 1a auto had a 3rd gen thread going about tow mirrors on CF, so I asked about 2nd gens. They posted this link!

http://www.1aauto.com/dodge-mirror-pair/i/1amrp00916?f=575474&y=2001&utm_source=cumminsforum&utm_medium=ForumTowMirrors&utm_campaign=1ATony

I'm totally getting these some day lol. What a great upgrade for updating the looks and functionality of these trucks.

Edited by leathermaneod

4th gen mirrors have a full convex mirror on the outside as opposed to just the bottom 1/4 or the mirror on the 2nd/3rd gen mirrors. It also has a nice 'zoom' like feature on the passenger side mirror to see easier but I don't know if that was exclusive to 4th gen mirrors or not. 

Really? That's surprising to hear John, I love my 4th gen mirrors! It was a huge step up from my non-tow mirror option the truck came with. I really like the big convex mirrors, work perfect for me to be able to see the rear tire and the big mirror to see everything behind me. To each their own though!

• Staff

Yes really. I find the view-able space behind the truck is greatly reduced with the 4th gen style convex mirror. The portion of the main mirror that was lost with the bigger convex mirror is the area of my 3rd gen mirror I use the most. That's the common complaint from others as well. 

I'll add that in non-tow mode it's the worst and many compensate for it by running in tow mode all the time as the "flaw" isn't as pronounced. 

Hmm well dually noted for sure, but it seems that it's more of an opinionated thing then factual. I don't have any issues seeing behind me in either mode. The convex mirror provides me an awesome view of the side of the truck and rear tire and the bigger section of the mirror is plenty big for me to see everything behind me.

• 1 year later...

I have a 98 12 valve that I have installed Ebay 4th gen dodge tow mirros on. Perfect fit. Mine have power and blinkers. To write the blinkers,  simply cut the 2 prong connector off, using a crimp eyelet on the black wire, scratch a bare metal spot on thedoor near plug and self tapper it securely. For the red positive wire, splice approximately 4feet to it, run through fender front headlight assembly and tap it into the solid color positive wire. (No stripe) do this for both sides and they will flash with factory blinkers. !!!!!

• Like 1