• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Power tow mirrors with blinkers

WOW interesting. I never knew you could swap out mirrors from the 2nd Gen to a 3rd or 4th. I bought numerous 2nd Gen's for my other 01 3500's. Of course I went with stock non heated, because the heating part always seems to go out and employees tend to smash them off. A little cheaper on me. LOL  I always liked like the newer styles. I might get a pair for my personal 01.  Great to know and Thanks!

Just one thing will my 01 wires work with the newer style wiring for heated mirrors?

2 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I just bought a set of mirrors from 1A Auto and I am very pleased. Good fit and finish. 

That's where I got mine 4 years ago still love them

4 hours ago, mopar440cu said:

Just one thing will my 01 wires work with the newer style wiring for heated mirrors?

Yes you buy new style mirrors designed to fit on 2nd gen truck, make sure to get backing plates for them, sometimes they sold separately.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Yes you buy new style mirrors designed to fit on 2nd gen truck, make sure to get backing plates for them, sometimes they sold separately.

If you already have tow mirrors you do not need the backing plates. They are already there.

Mine came from A1 also.

Edited by dripley

7 hours ago, mopar440cu said:

WOW interesting. I never knew you could swap out mirrors from the 2nd Gen to a 3rd or 4th. I bought numerous 2nd Gen's for my other 01 3500's. Of course I went with stock non heated, because the heating part always seems to go out and employees tend to smash them off. A little cheaper on me. LOL  I always liked like the newer styles. I might get a pair for my personal 01.  Great to know and Thanks!

You cant use stock 3rd or 4th gen mirrors. The ones from 1aauto are modified to fit the 2nd gen mirror mounting area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2018 at 2:48 PM, mopar440cu said:

Yes.  I ordered mine off Ebay. For mine i typed in 98 ram 2500 tow mirrors and scrolled until i found the heated power, etc. They were plug and play perfect. Then to hook up my blinker on them I just tapped into the front blinkers.