• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Considering Compounds...

Basic Setup 

Engine: Stock with studs, Industrial Injection 62/12 turbo, 125 SAC injectors

Trans: ATS low stall converter, billet input

Goal: NO SMOKE, instant boost, and lots of spinny turbine noises.  I don't need more power, but if I get it, oh well. 

The questions are: 

1. Will twins get this done for me?  I think so, @TFaoro had the same turbo and injectors when he went twins and he said it was instant boost and no smoke (until he blew up his intercooler.)  

2. What secondary to use? I am looking at Crazy Carl's S475 and S472... He has three options for both.  

Select the smaller turbine (83/1.10) for towing,

Select the large turbine (96/1.32) for racing,

Select the medium turbine (92/1.10) for midrange response/power. 

With these options, I am thinking an S472 with the 83 turbine and 1.10 housing to pair with my 62/12.  

Thoughts anybody?  

Roll into it at a normal pace keeping up with traffic off a stop with no smoke in 95F summer weather. Though, if I flail wildly at the accelerator pedal, no smoke would be nice too.  

6 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Define no smoke for me.... do you want to stab it to the floor and have zero smoke, or just roll into it with no smoke?

Edited by CSM

Quadzilla.....

Anywho, yes it'll make a huge difference. Especially when the engine warms up. Makes night and day difference for the primary. 

29 minutes ago, CSM said:

With these options, I am thinking an S472 with the 83 turbine and 1.10 housing to pair with my 62/12.  

So, I really don't think you'll be able to tell a difference between the 72 and 75mm comp wheels with the tight housing. Either way I think it'll suit your needs perfectly. 

• Like 2

Just now, TFaoro said:

Quadzilla.....

Anywho, yes it'll make a huge difference. Especially when the engine warms up. Makes night and day difference for the primary. 

So, I really don't think you'll be able to tell a difference between the 72 and 75mm comp wheels with the tight housing. Either way I think it'll suit your needs perfectly. 

Quad is awesome. and I am going to try one in the next month thanks to a friend of ours... However, twins are cool.  I wouldn't mind getting away from tuners aside from a basic smarty lvl 3 tune and sell my TST comp.  Just injectors, air and the Smarty. 

1 minute ago, CSM said:

Quad is awesome. and I am going to try one in the next month thanks to a friend of ours... However, twins are cool.  I wouldn't mind getting away from tuners aside from a basic smarty lvl 3 tune and sell my TST comp.  Just injectors, air and the Smarty. 

OR injectors, air, and quad to keep ALL of the smoke away :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

OR injectors, air, and quad to keep ALL of the smoke away :D

One step at a time.  I gotta try the Quad first...  not have it make me 100% happy, then go twins... they try the quad again... Order of operations!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CSM said:

One step at a time.  I gotta try the Quad first...  not have it make me 100% happy, then go twins... they try the quad again... Order of operations!

You forgot about asking the wife between each step :lol: 

Anyway, maybe you need to drive mine again.... with the quad. I gotta grow some grapes to drive it again though. 

• Owner

I'm gotta agree on the Quadzilla Adrenaline it sure is a game changer from the Edge Comp to the Quadzilla. Me78569 has nearly tuned all the smoke out but it still pulls hard and strong. I'll get a shot at towing soon and see what happens too.

I'm gotta agree on the Quadzilla Adrenaline it sure is a game changer from the Edge Comp to the Quadzilla. Me78569 has nearly tuned all the smoke out but it still pulls hard and strong. I'll get a shot at towing soon and see what happens too.

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I really enjoy it towing. No matter how hard you put your foot down it stays clean, and with everything set right you can just hold it to the floor on the hills and not have to worry about temps. 

• Owner
1 minute ago, TFaoro said:

with everything set right you can just hold it to the floor on the hills and not have to worry about temps. 

I'm curious of that fact too. 

1 minute ago, TFaoro said:

with everything set right you can just hold it to the floor on the hills and not have to worry about temps. 

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Would you need wiretap to fuel? I was using level 2 with the fueling cut off at 15psi. Keeps my egts very low, and less power saves the drivetrain wear with bigger loads. 

What are your thoughts @CSM before we completely take this thread off track.

3 hours ago, TFaoro said:

Would you need wiretap to fuel? I was using level 2 with the fueling cut off at 15psi. Keeps my egts very low, and less power saves the drivetrain wear with bigger loads. 

What are your thoughts @CSM before we completely take this thread off track.

Put it in 4x4 and carry on!   

3 minutes ago, notlimah said:

I'm subscribing just so I can live vicariously through you @CSM for a bit while I get my trans sorted and determine everything else.

How much power do you think your making on your current setup?

At this altitude?  Hard to say.  At low altitude (300' at KLIT), it was a monster by my standards.   TFaoro had the same setup as a single with a manual and was in the high 400s (sketchy dyno read 505hp).  I would say that peak power on a good cool day is probably about the same, but the rest of the curve is far lower than it was at low altitude.  The truck is also far smokier.