• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

47re transplant

Hello all new to the site, probably the best I've seen out there. Anyways I'm dropping a 1967 Travelall onto a 1997 3500 chassis and drivetrain. Does anyone have a write up on what needs to be hooked up on the harness for the transmission to work correctly? Also someone told me about installing a rheostat? To help with shifting? 

I would assume you are going to use the dodge PCM still correct?  As long as you use the electronics from the dodge you shouldn't need to do anything.

AWESOME project by the way.  You better post up some pictures!

Edited by Me78569

Yes I'm keeping the stock pcm. I already have the 47re and was looking for someone who may have done this and knows what wires need to be hooked up from the three plugs on the engine/Pcm harness that go into the cab through the firewall. I'll post some pics when I get a little further along, it's all torn apart right now. Thans for all the help and insight.

All of the wires need to be connected if you are going to keep the 97's electronics.  If you have the full harness I would just connect it as you would for the dodge.  

I would assume if you are just going to put the body of the travelall onto the 967 that you have the complete 97, correct?

I have just the engine harness not the interior wiring. I have up to the three plugs that enter the cab. I don't want the factory fuse box or interior wiring. I'd like to hook up all under hood sensors and wire what needs to be wired in those three plugs.

Assuming you have the pcm then all you should need in cab to control the trans is a OD disable, button.  Lockup is controlled by the PCM based upon speed from the, guessing, OSS. 

Are you keeping the dodge cluster?  

the PCM communicates via CCD bus to the interior stuff like cluster etc.  

Edited by Me78569

On the '97's the PCM only controls the RPM gauge, maintenance required indicator, and check engine light.  All the other gauges interface directly to there corresponding sensor.

There's a '97 wiring diagram in the downloads section that should help with your endeavour.

• Like 1