• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

After reading all of these comments and questions, I still want to ask mine. I feel dumb, but I want to get educated. I like my truck running the way it is. Good! My IQUAD adapter came in. I’ve been running the control pod for the last year. I have a 1999, 4x4 automatic. Cold air intake, air dog 150, and a turbo elbow Orifice. I a, new to this custom tuning,  and I really don’t want to mess up anything. I don’t how this all works, espically changing the timing. This is my Daily Driver. If y’all could give me some tunes to start with, that would be greatly appreciated.  

If you had the Contorl pod you are running V1 tunes, not V2 tunes.   The V2 tunes are smoother than the v1 tunes.  

you can flash the box under the hood with the v2 base tune, but that is up to you.   I did a video covering the process.  

If you want V1 tune suggestions create a new thread with that title and I can give you some pointers.  

After I get it flashed over. Do you have some customing tuning you would recommend? I don’t want to mess up anything. I don’t mind having smoke, but I also would like to have good/ decent mpg. With just the control pod on level 6 I had great mpg. That’s what I normally left it on. 

I have been reading and lurking for last few days since I have got my brand new Adrenaline with v2 and have been playing around with the custom tuning. I'd like to see what you guys think of my tune. 

My truck is a bit different from everybody else's because it weighs in at 10k+(welding rig with sa200 and custom flat bed) on an a daily basis. 

TUNE PARAMETERS

Number of Power levels: 6

RPM Limit:3200

VALET MODE PARAMETERS

Maximum Valet Mode Power:35

PUMP TAP PARAMETERS

Maximum Fuel Stretch:1800

TPS Pump Maximum: 100

TPS Pump Minimum:0

Minimum Pump Tap Fueling Percentage:0

Pump Low Boost Scale: 8psi

Boost Scaling:40

TIMING PARAMETERS

Fuel Load Timing:2

Low PSI Timing Reduct:3

Timing Reduct Scaling:100

Light Throttle Timing Adv:3

Light Throttle Timing Load Limit:30

RPM TIMING MAX

1500 RPM:14

2000 RPM:18

2500 RPM:22

3000 RPM:25

Max:26

BOOST LEVEL FUELING - CAN BUS

PSI:111

PSI:112

PSI:113

PSI:114

PSI:115

PSI:116

PSI:117

PSI:118

PSI:119

PSI:120

10 PSI:121

11 PSI:122

12 PSI:123

13 PSI:124

14 PSI:125

15 PSI:126

16 PSI:127

18 PSI:129

20 PSI:131

22 PSI:133

24 PSI:135

26 PSI:137

28 PSI:139

30 PSI:141

So what do you guys think?

The truck is a 2002 HO with a 6spd stock other than 4in turbo back with muffler, fass 150 set at 16psi and a valair 500hp Kevlar/ceramic towing clutch. 

Truck is very clean but seams to be very sluggish down low. Also with my boost elbow all the way in I'm only seeing 30psi max boost if I'm really on the throttle. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

• Owner

Double check your wire tap. You should be able to push over 35 PSI. I would steepen the fuel table more start out at about 105% and using a exponential calculator use a growth rate of about 3 to 3.5% that should get just enough lag to light the turbo and then pour on the fuel. 

I'm running slightly more with +75 HP (7x0.0085) injectors and HX35/40 turbo I can just about light the tires up without tapping the pump. But you do have more weight. I've got to ask also are you running oversized tires possibly? This will make a huge impact on gearing and will make the truck struggle to pull the weight. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I'm running stock 235/85r16s with 3.55 gearing. I will step up to either 3.73s or 4.10s when I put on my 255/85r16s. I forgot to add the truck is a dual rear wheel. 

Just to make sure I'm using this calculator, you plug in 105 for the initial then 1.03 for the increase then keep changing the time value up to the 30+ slot?

so the first few settings would be as follows:

0psi = 105

1psi = 106.08

2psi = 107.17

3psi = 108.28

4psi = 109.40

5psi = 110.52

Sorry im just trying to understand how to calculate the fueling curves.  

I also noticed that isspro mechanical boost gauge does not match the boost numbers coming from the app. Does the tuner use the same value im seeing?

Edited by KMayborn
Additional info

5 hours ago, Fireman_51 said:

After I get it flashed over. Do you have some customing tuning you would recommend? I don’t want to mess up anything. I don’t mind having smoke, but I also would like to have good/ decent mpg. With just the control pod on level 6 I had great mpg. That’s what I normally left it on. 

I would run the stock injector daily tune I posted in the tune download section.

1 hour ago, Maybornk said:

I'm running stock 235/85r16s with 3.55 gearing. I will step up to either 3.73s or 4.10s when I put on my 255/85r16s. I forgot to add the truck is a dual rear wheel. 

Just to make sure I'm using this calculator, you plug in 105 for the initial then 1.03 for the increase then keep changing the time value up to the 30+ slot?

so the first few settings would be as follows:

0psi = 105

1psi = 106.08

2psi = 107.17

3psi = 108.28

4psi = 109.40

5psi = 110.52

Sorry im just trying to understand how to calculate the fueling curves.  

I also noticed that isspro mechanical boost gauge does not match the boost numbers coming from the app. Does the tuner use the same value im seeing?

Yes the box under the hood sees the same boost you do.  The box under the hood reads boost from the ECM until 16 psi.   

I woiuld just crank up canbus fueling at 0psi as high as you want until you run into smoke.  Then create the curve based on that.  Also take your Pump Low Boost Scale: setting down from 8 psi to 2ish.  That way you are getting wiretap sooner.

Edited by Me78569

11 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I would run the stock injector daily tune I posted in the tune download section.

Yes the box under the hood sees the same boost you do.  The box under the hood reads boost from the ECM until 16 psi.   

I woiuld just crank up canbus fueling at 0psi as high as you want until you run into smoke.  Then create the curve based on that.  Also take your Pump Low Boost Scale: setting down from 8 psi to 2ish.  That way you are getting wiretap sooner.

If I drop the boost limit that low won't i be using wire tap pretty much anytime I'm accelerating? Also won't that kill mpg?

if I put them can bus at 115 I am still clean  off idle. Is that normal or should I atleast be hazing? 

Wiretap is also related to TPS input so if you are leaving the light at light throttle then you wont be using much wiretap.    MPG while leaving a light is also VERY bad regardless lol.  

If it's clean at %115 add another %5.  I can't speak to what is normal.  Are you going WOT leaving a light and it is still clean?  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Wiretap is also related to TPS input so if you are leaving the light at light throttle then you wont be using much wiretap.    MPG while leaving a light is also VERY bad regardless lol.  

If it's clean at %115 add another %5.  I can't speak to what is normal.  Are you going WOT leaving a light and it is still clean?  

I'm leaving as hard as I can with out trying to slip the clutch. It's pretty agreessive and if I just stab the throttle I get a hiccup. 

Add more fuel until you see a dark haze.  That should get you as much fuel as needed when you go WOT from a light.  

I would try adding fuel to the canbus before wiretap.  Think of Wiretap as a way to fill the mid to high rpm lul that occurs on a stock truck.  

• Like 1

I would prefer you had studs, but I can say pretty much all tuners out there can get 19.5* of timing at 2000 rpm.    you will feel the truck being held back when timing is to far advanced. 

In order to be safe with it, I would just ensure that timing gets pulled as soon as you increase fueling beyond cruise state.  Use the Light throttle load limit to control this. that % should be set ~%5 above your cruising load.  That will ensure that if you increase load timing will decrease and not risk damage to the headgasket

My truck likes that much timing at 2k rpm.  I ran that much timing for ALONG time on stock headbolts.

• Like 1

Since I posted earlier I have changed my timing settings to the following: 

fuel load timing:2

Low psi timing reduct: 3

Timing reduct scaling :100%

light throttle timing adv: 1

light throttle timing limit: 35%

1500:16

2000:18

2500:22

3000:25 

max: 26

should I pull throttle advance back to 0? It was my understanding that it's based off of 17* base timing so shouldn't 1 degree put me at 18 not 19.5? Is there someone I'm missing?

also headstuds will probably the next thing on the list since I plan on bigger injectors and turbo in the not to distant future. 

Edited by KMayborn

Well, Its been a while since I checked this. We got TJs box in and did work with him even without knowing he posted this in the forum, so there is that. 

Honestly, we don't know what happened to his box. It is definitely weird and not a normal failure mode thing. 

Love all the help with the tunes by the way. You guys are great!

• Thanks 1

So did some testing today. To verify the pump tap was working I set all the can bus to 100, 2200 stretch,minimum pump tap to 50%, low boost to 0 and have get a rev in neutral. Gave me a big puff. So I'm pretty sure it's working. 

I made two data logs today. One on the way into work and one on the way home. Couple things in noticed. Egts on the iquad are consistently 150 or more degrees hotter, boost pressure is consistsntly lower than my a pillar gauge by 3- 5 psi, and even with my timing setup in the following format I am still get 19 to19.75 degrees timing at less than 2000rpm. What gives? I'm not sure what I can do to bring the timing down.

Also, boost still makes out at 30 on my pillar gauge and 27 on my iquad. 

IMG_0610.PNG

IMG_0611.PNG

Here are my data logs. I am limited to only my phone right now so I can open them. Could someone help me out with viewing them?

iQuad-2017-09-25-05.55.39.csv

iQuad-2017-09-25-06_55.28.csv

Edited by KMayborn