• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

Yes tc is unlocked. You can hear it fueling on and off. It's something to do with the wiretap. It dosen't do it in canbus lvls. 

If it matters there was a tap already on the wire for the vp from a previous tuner. I left it there and tapped beside it for the quad. With that being said it did not behave this way when I had the adr2_comp tune flashed.

I attached a data log file in a couple of post back. I don't see anything out of the ordinary besides my fuel pressure. I have an auto meter sending unit, that's why the numbers bounce around. My glowshit fp gauge reads a steady 16-17psi.

In the video I am holding steady throttle when the rpm gauge is dancing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Meady24V said:

I attached a data log file in a couple of post back. I don't see anything out of the ordinary besides my fuel pressure. I have an auto meter sending unit, that's why the numbers bounce around. My glowshit fp gauge reads a steady 16-17psi.

In the video I am holding steady throttle when the rpm gauge is dancing.

Thanks a TON for the data log.  You can see whats going on pretty quickly in the data log.  

Scroll down and watch where you go to steady state ~%40 - %50 throttleCapture.PNG

Look at your map readings, they are falling to 0 psi.  Remember from 0-16 psi the Quadzilla is reading PSI from the ECM directly so the ECM is saying that you are getting 11 psi then 0 psi on the next read.   

this is the cause of your surging.  Your map readings are not stable.   I would check your map wiring  VERY closely.  Check for good stable 5v signal to the map sensor.

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 2

No problem bud.  

I would guess bad connection / wiring OR a failing map sensor.  Prob the map wiring to the ecm for shorts, ensure you have good ground and 5v signal.  

Since the older tunes don't do this I would expect your issue to be between the Quadzilla map output and the ecm.  

On 10/28/2016 at 1:15 PM, Me78569 said:

I feel that it is time to start building a list of tunes that we all use.

Please learn what each tuning variable does.  There V2 tuning article covers everything in depth along with a video explaining each item.

Update 1/15/17 V2.2 tunes should include timing maxes for various RPM's and fuel load timing

Copy this into your post and fill out the info

My Mods

7 x.009 DFI injectors, he351ve arduino controller

My Tunes

DD:

Tow:

Race:

@Carbur8tr For your towing tune.

lvl's I like 6 because I don't like having to push the plus button 1000 times.  but you can set this to whatever you like

Hey me78569 can you email me 

Edited by Jay1clark

On 3/27/2017 at 3:16 PM, Me78569 said:

No problem bud.  

I would guess bad connection / wiring OR a failing map sensor.  Prob the map wiring to the ecm for shorts, ensure you have good ground and 5v signal.  

Since the older tunes don't do this I would expect your issue to be between the Quadzilla map output and the ecm.  

Just to update my problems.

I check the MAP wiring and didn't find any flaws. Check for power (4.9V) and everything looked good.

Flashed the old COMP tune and now the MAP sensor is reading good through my iquad. With the V2 i could actually watch the boost pressure drop on the iquad. Im stumped.

With that being said, i will try the V2 flash again and see what happens. It won't be until next week bc i am traveling this weekend.

Also already ordered a new MAP sensor. Don't think this will help the situation but we'll see.

Any input would be great appreciated.

Thanks,

iQuad-2017-03-29-07.06.441687763203.csv

The difference between the V1 tunes and the V2 tunes is the V2 tunes read Map from the ecm until 16 psi.  V1 tunes read PSI from the voltage of the sensor directly.  Issue with that is there is not really smoothing place needed to make the V2 be smooth.

So those drop out in the data log are literally the ECM sending 0 psi across the canbus.    Something funky is going on in the map reading / ecm.

The communication is like follows

sub 16 psi

Quadzilla: Hey ECM whats PSI?

ECM: PSI = x psi

Quadzilla: great I will show that psi on the screen.

also looking at the data log I see the same issue, I see %30 jumps in Map sensor readings wihtout change in load or TPS.  example Lines 15 && 16 show 0 % tps and 6 psi boost.   line 37 show 3 psi 0 tps.  lines 100-134 show a %30 jump in map back and forth stable TPS.

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Meady24V said:

Thanks for the quick reply 

My ecm is "lazy", it takes some time to wait to start. Hopefully it's not on it's way out and the new map sensor fixes the issue.

thanks again guys

tell tail sign of the ecm memory doing hte way of the buffalo. 

The WTS light is the light to show that the ecm is turning on. Think of the WTS light as

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Had some time this weekend to play with a racing tune. Over all it worked well I though, some to minimal smoke and good power. Although I had my Boost defuel set at 37psi and EGT at 1300, data logging said I was at 49psi and 1500 egt. I may reduce it to 32 and 1100 and see how it defuels.  

Not sure how my HX35W is pushing 50psi of boost and making power, I though they were good to maybe 35-40psi. Maybe PO turned it to a hybrid:think: I’m running 60hp SAC injectors. I’m sure there is tweaking that can be done to make it better, but you can definitely tell the difference between daily drive tune and economy tune.Take notice of (Pump Low Boost Scale PSI: 8 PSI vs BOOST LEVEL FUELING - CAN BUS)

Also below ill post a Towing tune that I think may work for my application see what you guy’s think and if I should adjust any of it. Or any of theses tunes for that matter, Thanks.

I was on level 6 for race tune, Towing tune I will probably stay at level 3 for most part, but will try level 6 also.

Race Tune

TUNE PARAMETERS

Number of Power levels:  6

RPM Limit:  3400

VALET MODE PARAMETERS

Maximum Valet Mode Power:  15%

PUMP TAP PARAMETERS

Maximum Fuel Stretch: 2000 microseconds

TPS Pump Maximum: 80%

TPS Pump Minimum: 10%

Minimum Pump Tap Fueling Percentage: 20%

Pump Low Boost Scale PSI: 8 PSI