• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No WTS light, Unable to start in 2nd.

There's no code pulled from the JWA, It's also strange that the cruise control light doesn't come on either or rather it rarely comes on even through cruise control will still work, i've got a big list of parts that I need to get but mainly focused on making sure the ECM is good or bad. I really need a spare unit to test with but not many people willing to lend me one lol. But from everything i've read from Mopar1973man every sign leads to the memory on the ECM going bad. 

And there's no noise from the grid heater or lift pump when i cycle the key like there should be

• Owner

Noise is one thing but did you actually test for power at those devices?

27 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Why does it not come on when the cluster test is run then?   genuinely curious

Because the WTS light is not controlled by the cluster but directly from the ECM so... No, the WTS light is not controlled by the cluster module so it can't be tested during the cluster test.

Oddly enough, I went through the fuse box in the engine bay and swapped the 20A fuse to the ECM and now the WTS light comes on, it's just a little delayed, after all the lights come on and go off, that's when the WTS light comes on, the grid heater cycles as it should and the lift pump does a 2 second prime like it should. Should I be worried about the delay for the WTS light?
Will probably be going through all the fuses and replacing them as well as cleaning all the contacts in the fuse box.

• 3 weeks later...

Since ive owned my truck (aug 16) it has had a delayed wts. The truck then quit giving me a wts but it would always start if i waited a second. I did some work on my fuel lines etc in early nov late oct and the truck would crank up and immediately high rev.

I reset the apps and this seemed to fix it. 

Been driving it for about 10 days now since getting it running right again and today it just quit giving me a wts again.

it was about 20 deg F but truck was plugged in all night and started right up. Im worried that it wont want to start later today when I leave work.

All of this points me towards a failing ECM... I guess I will replace the fuse like cronus did, but realistically I think its gonna need an ecm.

I tell you what... "dodges are super reliable" is bull... these trucks are so damn sensitive to everything! I already have a girlfriend and its easy enough to get her upset much less this truck! haha

You dont realize how many problems they have until you own one and have to wade thru them. I tell people I understand now that these things are an addiction not a blessing haha

this is my first post... great site mopar! most (99%) diesel truck forums are of no help at all this one is great.

Edited by TFaoro
Wording

• Owner

99% of all electronic problems come from excessive AC noise from the alternator. Way too many people follow bad information on relocating or adding ground wires, adding noise filters, or just modify the wiring system. This all creates a masking effect which makes it harder to detect the AC noise problem but also allows the AC noise to do more damage. 

Not to mention if you start cutting up the wiring harness and are electronically challenged as I am, you pen yourself up for different problems down the road.

My ECM failed many years ago and the trouble codes were no help. When it went it spit out codes left and right for every system in truck but the ECM. A new fixed it. You do seem to have warning signs of yours failing. Might last a year or a day who knows.

While these truck do have short comings like any other vehicle, mine has been very reliable. In 15 years mine has only left me stranded three, failed ECM, failed lift pump and a blown radiator. I did loose 4th gear out of the oem tranny but it got me home for the repair. The ecm and the lift pump were expensive repairs, but I learned alot from them and finding this site. Knowledge of the vehicle is priceless and having the help I received here has kept me on the road for 390k with much more to come. 

• Like 2