• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cummins additives

Cummins additives  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What would you use?!

• I'll stick with tried and true TCW3!
    • Never ran any additives and don't plan on starting!!
    • I'll only use a Cummins endorsed additive
    • There's plenty of good additives already available I'll use.

@TFaoro a good station in golden is at 93 & Iris (loaf'n'jug). That's where I top off before heading up to the top of Golden Gate Canyon every other week. Never gelled in my truck or my uncles. It was -11 Thursday morning when I we out to start mine.  

• Owner

This is a good reason to quit looking at cheap fuel from little convenient stores and look toward name brand fuels. Like I typically stay with Chevron, Cennex, Shell, Flying J, Maverik, etc. All high flow places typically the fuel is a bit more expensive but the fuel MUST meet the requirement of the brand name. Years ago Chevron use to keep a page updated with pour point temperatures, and dates of when PPD where used and basically how much. Now the page has been removed.  I've been know to ask store owners of what type of fuel filters used are they using paper filters or water blocking filters and what micron rating. I've going to recheck my local Chevron since its changed owners now and want to see if they still hold the same standards.

I fill up on base which I know goes through a TON of diesel. Our local shell diesel pump isn't even a newer updated pump and I always feel like it's not up to par. If there was a Chevron closer, I'd use them exclusively, no questions asked. That's the problem living in a smaller town like mine.

How do you typically find out what kind of diesel is being used? Do you have to ask the individual places or can you go online for the bigger chain places?

• Owner
1 hour ago, notlimah said:

How do you typically find out what kind of diesel is being used?

I typically call the manufacturer and ask for the specs from the tech dept and they typically will provide what you are looking for. Just tell them you doing research personally. I've never had an issue getting information.

1 hour ago, notlimah said:

Do you have to ask the individual places or can you go online for the bigger chain places?

Like Chevron use to post all the specs on their site for the longest time and now stripped most of it off their web site. So the last time I got the phone number from the local Chevron and made the call to the tech dept and got the spec numbers and did my own figuring out. Some manufactures have specs on web pages some in PDF documents and some don't list them at all and you have to call. 

• Like 1