• Announcements

• Mopar1973Man

Quadzilla Tunes   06/12/2017

QUADZILLA TUNE REPOSITORY - There is now a Quadzilla tune download area. When you submit a tune file to the download area it will automatically create a forum topic that allows discussion of your tune. So export your tune and upload it to the site. Then we all can help out in building better tunes. Check it out gang...
    • Mopar1973Man

911 Support Group   06/22/2017

Hey Gang, I've got the 911 support group database back up and running once again. It's listed in the 911 support category. It will allow members to list their contact information and location so other have a listed of members to call upon in the time of need. So if you wish to support other member please stop by and add your listing into the database. https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/911-support.html/contacts/
notlimah

Cummins additives

Cummins additives   4 members have voted

1. 1. What would you use?!

• I'll stick with tried and true TCW3!
    • Never ran any additives and don't plan on starting!!
    • I'll only use a Cummins endorsed additive
    • There's plenty of good additives already available I'll use.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

So I got word back that my local fill up spot doesn't use winter blend diesel so I'll probabaly run down to Wally World and pick up some anti-gel just as a safe guard for my trip home. Don't plan on using it regularly but I'd rather be safe then sorry.

This is a good reason to quit looking at cheap fuel from little convenient stores and look toward name brand fuels. Like I typically stay with Chevron, Cennex, Shell, Flying J, Maverik, etc. All high flow places typically the fuel is a bit more expensive but the fuel MUST meet the requirement of the brand name. Years ago Chevron use to keep a page updated with pour point temperatures, and dates of when PPD where used and basically how much. Now the page has been removed.  I've been know to ask store owners of what type of fuel filters used are they using paper filters or water blocking filters and what micron rating. I've going to recheck my local Chevron since its changed owners now and want to see if they still hold the same standards.

I fill up on base which I know goes through a TON of diesel. Our local shell diesel pump isn't even a newer updated pump and I always feel like it's not up to par. If there was a Chevron closer, I'd use them exclusively, no questions asked. That's the problem living in a smaller town like mine.

How do you typically find out what kind of diesel is being used? Do you have to ask the individual places or can you go online for the bigger chain places?

I wish our base had diesel.  Gas only everywhere i have been stationed.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, notlimah said:

How do you typically find out what kind of diesel is being used?

I typically call the manufacturer and ask for the specs from the tech dept and they typically will provide what you are looking for. Just tell them you doing research personally. I've never had an issue getting information.

1 hour ago, notlimah said:

Do you have to ask the individual places or can you go online for the bigger chain places?

Like Chevron use to post all the specs on their site for the longest time and now stripped most of it off their web site. So the last time I got the phone number from the local Chevron and made the call to the tech dept and got the spec numbers and did my own figuring out. Some manufactures have specs on web pages some in PDF documents and some don't list them at all and you have to call. 

1 person likes this