• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

$7.50 for a quart of ATF+4 ! ! !

$7.50 for a quart of Valvoline  ATF+4 ! ! !  That's crazy !

I replaced the rear drive shaft seal on my 241 transfer case, Figured Id change the oil too. Cheapest I found is $7.50 per quart for valvoline atf + 4.

Local crappy Walmart didnt even have any. They redid/ rearranged everything in that store and they dont stock alot of stuff they used too

Looked at my old receipts and I payed $2.50 a qt for the ATF + 3 before the +4 came out when I did my Transmission

Im going to try another walmart in another town  UGH !

Edited by GSP7

That's why I put amsoil in pretty much everything that I don't have to change too often, figured it's cheaper then oem stuff and better then  most brands. used to run their motor oil too but decided to switch to more common stuff. been running cen-pe-Co for a while now, seems to be good stuff. 

Yes, I found the list of Chrysler licensed service pack ATF+4 brands. There are quit a few.

Wallymart SuperTech atf+4 is also, but I dont think the base oil is synthetic, least it doesnt say on the label

Edited by GSP7

FWIW i have been using the Wally world ATF4 for the past few years. The price is good and it it should meet the specs for ATF4. So far so good. I have met 2 dirt men working for me who use Super tech 15 40 for all their equipment in the past couple years. It does meet the same specs as other oils. But I have no idea of what the additive package is for the oil. So there is most likely some differences I do not know about.