• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My addiction

Ya, Im guessing the 12 will still give more power all under 2500rpm, where I drive 99% of the time DDing. But the 14 will make the heat more tolerable with big injectors when Im running it hard. Is that a fair assessment or not really? Im not sure it is, becuase ya the heat will be more tolerable with the 14cm and big injectors, but even when Im running it hard (WOT) its not for long on the street (3-5 sec). Im not doing 1/4 mile drag racing WOT for 10-15sec.

Edited by rogerash0

Ya, the DDP 120's liteing the turbos was my first experience with them being "lit". I am going down to sea level, and definitely am at a crossroads as to if I put 150s in, or use TFaoro's tuning (perhaps tweaked to my application) with some 200s or 220s.

So do I go 6x0.013 (200-220hp equiv, Im thinking 6 hole, because the truck already seems to haze half the time anyway) or 7x0.010 ("150hp equavalent", I understand this hp rating doesnt really stand for anything). I'll still want to tow my 28' trailer with bikes in it to the dirt bike track when I can. Its an aluminum trailer though.. 3300lbs dry.

It seems like the quadzilla can tame the smokiness with the less than baseline fueling capability.

Edited by rogerash0

I would not put anything less than a 6x.013 with what you have. Weston would likely give a bit more insight as to what he would like to see in it. Remember though I am a hp guy. The 7x.010s may do exactly what you want. For me I know they would not. lol

• Thanks 1

If you stick with the edge and smoke is a concern I would not go over  7 x .010's or if you do you will be driving with your right foot to control smoke.

If you jump ship to the Quad then I would suggest you run no less than 7 x .012's or 6 x .013's  Gotta remember i am running a tiny he351ve 65-69 lb/min flow with 7 x .012's and it is nearly a perfect fit in terms of fueling.  7 x .010's would be significantly lacking.

Here's a video of me towing my ~25' gooseneck at ~5500lb going heavy throttle from a stop

Bigger injectors with less aggressive tuning put a ton more meat under the curve compared to smaller injectors with more aggressive tuning.  

Edited by Me78569

For the amount of money I have invested in this thing, I am ready to turn some serious HP. When I say serious remember I bought a VP :haha: big mistake, rookie move, but eh the truck was $7k and thats what got me in it...

I bought it to use it, and it is FAR from a perfect show truck. So lets burn it down :D haha. No but seriously, Im down to make the power, I can put these 50hp injectors back in when I have to move and tow across the country again. I just cant be rolling coal everywhere, thats not cool and I'll get ticketed.

Me -- the lack of smoke is insane you have there. My edge probably smokes more at 50% throttle with my current injectors. You post your tunes on here for download too, right? Im 99% sure you have, but havnt gone thru the whole repository. I looked up your injector size and DAP says 275hp. Holy cow. How in the world does that not flood your small turbo? All in the tuning I assume? Lots of below base like fueling until things are spooled up? Those injectors seem mindboggling big, for a DD that tows non the less.

Edited by rogerash0

Ya I'm giving you mods/admins a lot of work to delete all the junk I've spammed thru his thread. I'll checkout that area n see what you've posted. I have never been in that part of the site yet. (besides a few articles you put up)

Edited by rogerash0

What you are posting isn't any more junk than my truck is :burnout2:

At a minimum....6x.013. I strongly suggest Weston (Infinite performance) or Haley Speed Innovations. The 6 hole injectors will make more power than the 7 hole. Too bad you weren't swinging closer to Michigan. We could drop these 6x.018s in there. lololol

Haha. I could swing up there but its probably not the best way to spend my leave. Tempting tho. 6x.018 sounds like it would straight flood . I would throw my 120's in "real quick" but getting them to seal up at the manifold has been a real pain in the .... In the past. Seemed like Russian roulette  in terms of getting  them to seal. I would oil everything up, I took scotch bright or steel wool to the end of the injector lines. I think fuel pooling up there is what made my billet intake manifold leak boost, which was a bear to clean up and redo . 

I was thinking hard about the big 6x.013's and such, and am afraid I'll always have the edge on 0 or 1 with no way to turn it down. I guess that's why I gotta get the quadzilla. Also I'm gonna go with Infinite Performance . I emailed em thru the form on their site but haven't heard back. I'll call one day when I'm Rdy to pull the trigger. I'm definitely Rdy to feel the meat under the curve. Once I get past this move and get paid for it n such I can see where finances are sitting. The s475 I got from crazy Carl leaked oil out the comp wheel, so I ended up buying another from Pusher.  Things like that and the new VP and ddp's all hurt the bank account even more.

9 minutes ago, notlimah said:

So without getting to deep in the 6 vs 7 hole debate, running 6x.013 vs 7x.012 would the 7 be considered 'cleaner' and the 6 'more powerful'?

Short answer yes.

@rogerash0 if you are on fb message Infinite performance through there. He is busy with harvest right now but I was texting him earlier. He is a little slow on that email for some reason.

1 hour ago, notlimah said:

So without getting to deep in the 6 vs 7 hole debate, running 6x.013 vs 7x.012 would the 7 be considered 'cleaner' and the 6 'more powerful'?

With the assumption that quality is the same, aka same builder, yes 7 will be cleaner.  Smaller hole at static pop pressure will result in better atomization per hole.  

This is likely why 6 hole injectors make better power though,  you get better penitration into the high cylinder pressure at max boost.   

AKA bigger drops will push further into the chamber at peak power.     

Gotcha. So my follow on question is with the quad being able to clean up injectors much bigger then most would've thought possible, would the recommendation now be leaning more towards the 6 hole injectors and utilizing the quad to clean things up? Just trying to wrap my head around this a little better as I'm going to get new injectors and a quad soon and am curious as to what combination I should be looking at. I may just need to start my own thread on it lol.

I think its a matter of opinion, *** for tat, cleaner or more powerful. Its probably hard to draw a fine line in the sand without quality 6 & 7 hole injectors both tested in the same truck same day from the same builder. Especially when each injector will still spray slightly different amts of fuel, if you do the math on 6x0.13 and 7xwhatever it was

• Like 1