• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

After Market Mufflers

What are you guy's running?Mine is straight piped, Looking to making it A little more quiet,would like to cut the noise. But not close to stock. 4'' in 4'' out, looking for something that sounds powerfull,,,What brands/cost/SS or not. Thanks In Advance....

• Staff

I run a Donaldson 40" M085171, quite happy with it. Before I added a mega-cab resonator it was fine, a little loud when towing above 2200 rpms, and too loud with the exhaust brake on... But all in all its a great muffler, and it has a very high flow rating.

I bought a SS full turbo back system off e-bay. The "muffler" is straight through with a few tiny louvers. It's not real loud but then I've not had occasion to tow a real trailer with it yet. The kit did indeed have everything needed. There are two grades of stainless... not a show truck, I chose the less expensive. I was determined to not have THIS system rot off the truck.

One thing I wish some place would do is to do a muffler comparison on rigs with and without stacks and do a tow and performance test with the same exhaust and just swap out different mufflers and use a Decimeter in the cab to see which is the quiesest and yet does not compromise performance. I have read many forums and subscribed to several diesel rags and have never seen a muff copmarison.:smart: