• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Idle switch installed, no high idle.

I just got done installing my high idle switch.  I went to try it out, but nothing happened, I waited for about 10 minutes on each setting as I know it's not an instant thing.  I don't think it is the switch as I have a scan gauge and it shows the IAT and ECT values change with each twist of the knob and the TPS voltage was also reading 0.  I took the truck in 2 weeks ago to have the TSB for the high idle unlocked, they said to bring it back if it didn't work, but is there anything else I should check before I deal with the dealership again?   

• Owner

I'm going to bet the flash wasn't done right. Throttle, brake, speed and transmission in gear (auto) will cancel the high idle. By chance did you do any APPS sensor adjustments for voltage? If so it's possible your still throttling mode and the ECM will not set the high idle mode.

@Sycostang67 if you need to I'm down in the Boise area every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I could look at it and verify the signals are correct. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm going to bet the flash wasn't done right. Throttle, brake, speed and transmission in gear (auto) will cancel the high idle. By chance did you do any APPS sensor adjustments for voltage? If so it's possible your still throttling mode and the ECM will not set the high idle mode.

@Sycostang67 if you need to I'm down in the Boise area every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I could look at it and verify the signals are correct. 

I haven't messed with the APPS since I got the truck, should I maybe do a reset?  If you are near by, I would certainly appreciate you taking a look.  I could meet you somewhere so you don't have to come all the way out to Kuna.  I'm free tomorrow, but if you don't see this in time we could do it next Thursday as well. 

• Owner
4 hours ago, Sycostang67 said:

I haven't messed with the APPS since I got the truck, should I maybe do a reset? 

Won't make a difference. The high idle is based on the idle validation switches.

4 hours ago, Sycostang67 said:

I could meet you somewhere so you don't have to come all the way out to Kuna.  I'm free tomorrow, but if you don't see this in time we could do it next Thursday as well. 

I've got to be in Meridian by noon typically. Give me a call at 208-315-1470. I'll get you direction to where I'll be at.

• Like 1

• Owner
11 hours ago, Sycostang67 said:

I tried before but it wasn't working, got some pics up now.  :thumb1:

Ok... Lets see some pictures...

12 hours ago, Sycostang67 said:

I learned not to leave the switch in MPG mode while trying to start it cold yesterday.  :doh:

If you make that mistake its easy to correct. Shut your key OFF wait 10 seconds. Then make sure you select the proper mode (OFF, 6 CYL or 3 CYL). Now turn your key on and wait for the light and start as usual. The 10 second wait will shut down the ECM and allow a fresh reboot at the next key on.