• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The crf450ish random question thread.

12 minutes ago, crf450ish said:

What should EGTs be at on 3 cyl high idle? Because mine are at like 120*.....with the quad on level zero. What am I missing?

Your probe must be reading from the front 3 instead of the back 3....

44 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Your probe must be reading from the front 3 instead of the back 3....

Found out whats going on.....in "warm up" mode on the quad...a load must be being put on the engine because EGTS are where they should be...450-550 degrees, they hover in there. Good deal......right?

Now, if warm up mode is turned off and 3 cyl high idle selected, and the quad is turned down to lvl 0, EGTs STILL are low in the 100's degrees. Weird.  

EDIT: I never payed attention to whether or not this occurred when I was using iOS iQuad, so I cannot tell if its due to one app platform or the other. 

Edited by crf450ish

22 minutes ago, crf450ish said:

Found out whats going on.....in "warm up" mode on the quad...a load must be being put on the engine because EGTS are where they should be...450-550 degrees, they hover in there. Good deal......right?

Now, if warm up mode is turned off and 3 cyl high idle selected, and the quad is turned down to lvl 0, EGTs STILL are low in the 100's degrees. Weird.  

EDIT: I never payed attention to whether or not this occurred when I was using iOS iQuad, so I cannot tell if its due to one app platform or the other. 

Okay, the first two lines.... was the truck running on 6 cylinders or 3?

5 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

....why do you hate me  

It appears that since revs are up, but tps is == 0 but warmup is enabled that the quad is setting the 0psi value to the canbus message and "defueling" warmup.......... humpt..

But an engine can't run on that little of fuel?? 

Well slight snag.......

ugh this is complex...gonna need some scotch to figure it out.

Well @crf450ish

this is actually a VERY stupidly complex issue....give me a few days to mull it over.

stupid late trucks and their cruise control
:spank: that whole " dunno if 0 % tps != not driving down the road" is killing me

• Like 1

Anyone here have or know anyone who does have have the Best VP44 that Blue Chip Diesel sells? 

They have 3 tiers of pumps.. Standard, Premium, Best 

Best being this:

upgraded computer, angle sensor, upgraded steel re-bushed housing, upgraded diaphragm and the latest updated rotor and distributor for the MAXIMUM LIFE EXPECTANCY of any VP44 sold anywhere

Just curious if anyone has one from bluechip.

Tyler has a few lolol.  Personally dap because they are good to deal with.  There are only a handful of rebuilders out there so most of the timing you are getting the same pump regardless of who you get it from.  Blue chip does not have a test bench...Keep that in mind.

By the way as of 2004 ish all vp44s are built with upgraded parts. 

Edited by Me78569

24 minutes ago, crf450ish said:

Anyone here have or know anyone who does have have the Best VP44 that Blue Chip Diesel sells? 

They have 3 tiers of pumps.. Standard, Premium, Best 

Best being this:

upgraded computer, angle sensor, upgraded steel re-bushed housing, upgraded diaphragm and the latest updated rotor and distributor for the MAXIMUM LIFE EXPECTANCY of any VP44 sold anywhere

Just curious if anyone has one from bluechip.

I burned up two of them in a month. I got blamed for messing up the pump even after I pulled the bed to look in the fuel tank. I didn't get all my money back when I was tired of messing with them, etc. Run away from them. 

• Like 1