• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hid retrofit

10 hours ago, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

ooooohhhhh purdy

i have 55w hids in already but in cheapo housings...   i still have the stock headlights too so id love to retrofit them

You really only need a different bulb and a projector. And time to install the projector.

I aligned mine Saturday. Will have to drop the cut off once I get them actually mounted. I screwed up when ordering shrouds. Waiting for the new ones and I will glue the lenses back on. 

3 hours ago, jlbayes said:

You really only need a different bulb and a projector. And time to install the projector.

I aligned mine Saturday. Will have to drop the cut off once I get them actually mounted. I screwed up when ordering shrouds. Waiting for the new ones and I will glue the lenses back on. 

what shrouds do we need for oem housings?

and i have aftermarket cheepo housings that seal like a screen door so ill use my originals that came off the truck

Edited by CUMMINSDIESELPWR

15 hours ago, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

what shrouds do we need for oem housings?

and i have aftermarket cheepo housings that seal like a screen door so ill use my originals that came off the truck

Do tell more details on alinement ect and I'm sure the cutoff's are for low high beam and is it all plug and play or custom wiring

Edited by Silverdodge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm getting ready to do this retrofit this weekend.  and I'm still toying with color combos.  I'm pretty set on satin black for the housings, but to paint the shrouds or leave them chrome.... hard to match black to a blue truck :(

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered mine, pretty expensive for the retrofit but I can't wait to have a good lighting. Right now i'm just running some 9004 LED's but they don't project properly. Not sure if I want to paint the housings or not, I'm liking how that grey and black look!

Nope. Had some issues when I installed them and had to remove. I stripped one of the projectors and just got the new one yesterday. Sucky part now is I have to pull the bumper to test fit and align that light now. 

On 6/30/2017 at 8:32 AM, jlbayes said:

I painted the housing to make sure no light was reflected out of them.

I didn't and it isn't too bad, it helps the lights look normal from a distance, instead of light from only a 2.5" circle. It's not a on of light leaking out the back, and if you want to keep the chrome, you can use aluminum tape on the back of the shroud to block the light instead of painting.

Also, if you want to do a little more work but pay less, you can order some high quality stuff direct from china. the mini h1 projectors are hard to find right now (for good ones) but the mini d2s 4.0 are available for only $80.

Edited by beren

I'll have a picture with them installed in the next couple of weeks. I gotta pull the bumper to test fit due to the sport bumper. I wanted no chrome. They look amazing on the truck with the silver paint.

• 4 weeks later...