• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

transfer case crack

2 bears

20 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Sounds like its time to pull the transfer case out. I'm not sure if that can be welded or not. Either way you going to have to deal with it. 

thank u

20 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

04 is old enough, find a used one I'm sure they are out there. What the hell did you do to crack it.

On other side I seen something that looks like a crack but it was just a casting thing. If it's seeping oil then yeah. 

291,000 miles prop shaft went bad

just trying to buy some time  just did trans and frontend tires ball joints tie rod end little thin on money now

Well in that case, I seen jb Weld being used and held up. But it will only work if there is no structural flexing. And you'd have to drain oil and clean surface realy good, you may even want to use a grinder and put a grove like a v bit deeper so jb has something to grab. May get you by for a little while. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2017 at 7:48 PM, Dieselfuture said:

Well in that case, I seen jb Weld being used and held up. But it will only work if there is no structural flexing. And you'd have to drain oil and clean surface realy good, you may even want to use a grinder and put a grove like a v bit deeper so jb has something to grab. May get you by for a little while. 

thanks will try