• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My ProForm Hiit Trainer Pro Elliptical Is Making A Worrisome Noise

LiveOak

Hi guys. It has been a while since I have posted here.  Hope you haven't written me off.  Our family has recently been through some of the worst times of our lives and it has just been recently like I have the spirit in me to venture outside of my small world here on the farm. 

I have been to get my spirits and mind right but the first thing I need to concentrate on is my health.  I recently purchased a ProForm Hiit Trainer Pro Elliptical which I have come to like a LOT.  Even the wife likes it too.

Recently it started making some worrisome noise which I think I have narrowed down to a main shaft bearing.  It makes a strange ratcheting or weird grinding noise that I think is a bearing.  I can feel a momentary vibration in my hand and the tension spring vibrates in tone with the noise.  Take a look and listen and tell me what you think.  I apologize in advance for the lacking cinematic skills of my video. ?

Sorry for the no show video guys.  I have tried for the past 2 hours to upload it and after if uploads I get a error 200 message stating the upload failed.  Maybe I can get ahold of Mike and text him the video and he may be able to figure a way to post it.  

Edited by LiveOak
Website will not accept video file

• Staff

This forum and it's members like to hijack threads but we don't write anyone off. Glad to see you back and hope the problems are solved.

We went through a lot thru the winter but getting better by leaps and bounds now.

I assume you are talking about exercise equipment. Hope you get the vid to work.

• Owner
1 hour ago, LiveOak said:

I have tried for the past 2 hours to upload it and after if uploads I get a error 200 message stating the upload failed.  Maybe I can get ahold of Mike and text him the video and he may be able to figure a way to post it.

Upload the video to YouTube and post the link back here from YouTube.

I don't have a YouTube account and I cannot imagine how much more time it will take if what I have done so far took over 3 hours.  This is my first smartphone.  The file I am trying to upload is an mp4, 48 second long video that is 98 Mb.  I can't send it to my email because everyone puts a 25 Mb limit on the size of a file attachment.  I spent the last 3 hours trying to upload the video by logging in on my smartphone and uploading directly but no luck.  

For some reason, I can text video's no problem.  Why?  I have no idea.  :shrug:   One of these days I may get this new stuff figured out.  :lmao::lmao:

Edited by LiveOak

55 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

This forum and it's members like to hijack threads but we don't write anyone off. Glad to see you back and hope the problems are solved.

We went through a lot thru the winter but getting better by leaps and bounds now.

I assume you are talking about exercise equipment. Hope you get the vid to work.

Thanks for the kind words JAG.  Not sure this is a problem that ever gets solved.........through faith and understanding, you hopefully learn to live and be at peace with it as it is how the Lord created us in the cycle of life.  The passing of both souls was a compassionate calling by the Lord.  For my sister and I it was expected yet the "expected" in this type of thing comes as a shock to the soul in spite all the mental preparation before that day comes.  Death comes like a thief in the night........even when you expect it.........it comes unexpectedly.  It is a journey we ALL will take dealing with the passing and ourselves one day passing on.  It just takes time.  

Yep, the video was about exercise equipment.  I have been sticking with it pretty regular and have made some noticable gains.  Namely vastly improving my respiratory ability.  Things that used to leave me short of breath are MUCH easier now.  I have cut my mile times in half from when I started.  

This is the model I got:

https://www.proform.com/hiit-trainers/cardio-hiit-trainer-pro

So far I am really satisfied with the machine.  ProForm is sending me new bearings but I did not notice any drag caused by the noise so I am hoping it may be a matter of breaking it in.  :whistle:

4 minutes ago, hex0rz said:

... so how are the bees? :D

Right now.......without jinxing anything, they are doing excellent.  I have about 50 big ten frame hives, 6 nice 8 frame hives, about 15 nucs, and 3 three frame queen nucs.  I have been trying my hand at grafting queens but had to take a break due to weather and so many things to do in the apiary.  Right now there is a MONSTER HUGE nectar flow on and my bees are wearing everything bearing nectar out.  I have tons of photos and video's on my smartphone but have not figured out how to post them all just yet.  I did post my queen grafting first attempt here:

http://forum.tractorfarmandfamily.com/topic/3701-my-first-attempt-at-grafting-queen-cells/

and my first swarm of the season:

http://forum.tractorfarmandfamily.com/topic/3699-first-swarm-catch-of-the-2017-season/

got covered with ticks and chiggers catching that one!  :lmao:

How are you doing with the bees this season?  

Ugh! I'll pass on the ticks and chiggers!

I lost 8 out of 12 but had enough honey money to replace them and buy a pallet of sugar. Going to buy 50 boxes for expansion and the anticipated flow with the extra honey money that came in. 

Harvested about 60 gallons last year off 12 hives. Donated some honey and managed to get others to pay a premium for the rest. Even got a stockpile set back for the wife to use so she's not being a bear. Pun intended! :D

Going to try and expand more so i have something to try and send down to Cali for a guy to use with his hives. That way next spring they're all alive and ready to split in the spring!

6 hours ago, hex0rz said:

Ugh! I'll pass on the ticks and chiggers!

I lost 8 out of 12 but had enough honey money to replace them and buy a pallet of sugar. Going to buy 50 boxes for expansion and the anticipated flow with the extra honey money that came in. 

Harvested about 60 gallons last year off 12 hives. Donated some honey and managed to get others to pay a premium for the rest. Even got a stockpile set back for the wife to use so she's not being a bear. Pun intended! :D

Going to try and expand more so i have something to try and send down to Cali for a guy to use with his hives. That way next spring they're all alive and ready to split in the spring!

Sounds like you are doing a lot better since the last time we traded posts.  Glad to hear it. We didn't get any honey last season due to the drought.  It was a major accomplishment getting my hives through the Winter.  I experimented with bubble wrap insulation and was able to save many of the hives in trouble.  

You should be grafting some queens from the surviving hives, building some nucs, and splitting the rest of the hives to recover from your losses and build resistant stock from the surviving bees you have.  Even if you don't have the time and experience to graft queen cells you can use a Cloake board to get the bees to make some queen cells for you easy enough.  

• Owner
9 hours ago, LiveOak said:

I don't have a YouTube account and I cannot imagine how much more time it will take if what I have done so far took over 3 hours.  This is my first smartphone.  The file I am trying to upload is an mp4, 48 second long video that is 98 Mb.  I can't send it to my email because everyone puts a 25 Mb limit on the size of a file attachment.  I spent the last 3 hours trying to upload the video by logging in on my smartphone and uploading directly but no luck.  

For some reason, I can test video's no problem.  Why?  I have no idea.  :shrug:   One of these days I may get this new stuff figured out.  :lmao::lmao:

This why you need to have a youtube account so you can send the video to hosting company that will host your video for you.

Do you have a Facebook page? I have loaded videos to facebook and then share that single post to public for all to see. If you do not make the post public only friends or FB users can see it.

Is your elliptical new and under warranty yet or did you buy it used?

15 hours ago, LiveOak said:

Sounds like you are doing a lot better since the last time we traded posts.  Glad to hear it. We didn't get any honey last season due to the drought.  It was a major accomplishment getting my hives through the Winter.  I experimented with bubble wrap insulation and was able to save many of the hives in trouble.  

You should be grafting some queens from the surviving hives, building some nucs, and splitting the rest of the hives to recover from your losses and build resistant stock from the surviving bees you have.  Even if you don't have the time and experience to graft queen cells you can use a Cloake board to get the bees to make some queen cells for you easy enough.  

I've got a blue dot queen ill be doing grafting off of for any extra i make. She's survived 2 harsh N idaho winters for me so she must be doing something right. 

I dabbled in queen rearing last year and will do it again this year once i can get back into a regular schedule that's predictable enough to do it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2017 at 10:13 AM, Wild and Free said:

Do you have a Facebook page? I have loaded videos to facebook and then share that single post to public for all to see. If you do not make the post public only friends or FB users can see it.

Is your elliptical new and under warranty yet or did you buy it used?

I don't do Face Book.  I never realized it would be such a pain in the *** to post a short video.  

• Owner

Youtube or Facebook both... 

6 hours ago, LiveOak said:

I don't do Face Book.

You might consider using Facebook. Sure make logging in much easier when you have long passwords. Being I've got 32-64 character passwords I can log into Facebook then let Facebook log me into my site securely. So I only need to unlock facebook then I can log into most other site using my Facebook account. This is a huge life saver being typing long passwords on a cellphone is a royal pain in the :moon: .

So either way you look at it, you need an account on either Facebook or Youtube (Google). I would say stay with Google more so. You can use your Google account also to log into the site as well. 

Mopar1973Man can use - Facebook, Google, Linkedin, etc.

login mopar1973man.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man