• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So I've bought a set of sac 7x.011 dap nozzles 7 months ago, had them sent to local injector shop, right off the bat they said they look cheaper(they are by a bit), and the spray angle is wider. Dap claims there 225 hp injectors. They seem to not be much better than the 120s from ii I had on before, maybe got a little more power, a nasty haze at idle and white cruising. On top of that comes out more white ish black than just black on take off. That being said I'm interested in the weston 6x.013s and wanted to see how good they are and if they are as dirty. Let me know what ya think. Thanks

Edited by Pnwtree

Using the rated hp to compare injectors is an extremely poor idea for performance. I would bet the nozzle differences are minimal between the two of them. Why you did not see a huge increase. 6 holes are dirtier than 7 holes of a comparable size. Tuning goes a long ways.

10 hours ago, jlbayes said:

Using the rated hp to compare injectors is an extremely poor idea for performance. I would bet the nozzle differences are minimal between the two of them. Why you did not see a huge increase. 6 holes are dirtier than 7 holes of a comparable size. Tuning goes a long ways.

Yea I agree, that's why I wish I wasn't being cheap and did more research before buying them. The 120s are 7x.09 I believe. Guess what I'm pretty much trying to find out is what would be a good fit, I understand big injectors especially 6x.013 will have a haze but these 7x.011 haze a lot, even more than the 6x.013 according to some of people's pics. Does it while cruising. It's clear these seem to waste a lot of fuel. Pretty much just looking for advice on what would work and what's good, I like the idea of 6 hole only cause the faster spool up.

10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

That is so true... With the Quadzilla you can tune out majority of the smoke and improve the performance of the injector.

Yea I was hoping it could clean up the idle and cruising haze but it didn't really help, even with new v2 tuning.

1 hour ago, jlbayes said:

That sounds like you have injector or pump issues.

Okay I'm probably going to try a different set of injectors and see how they do, acorinding to diesel injector shop, the spray pattern is wider, and I guess that can cause problems. Pump shows no sighns of going out and it is a reman from previous owner. Any recommendations for injectors? Power goal is 600+ hp, don't tow much so looking for performance.