• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New business

• Owner

Yes, gang its true..

I've started another business. This business is "Prevail Web Management ". Being I've been helping so many people with web sites I figured it's time to put into a business frame and keep moving forward. The site isn't much. What is more so is a central location for all my support tickets and request for help. Instead of the chasing around all the different site and Admin forum looking for help request or questions. After all these years of working with Linux, HTML, PHP, MySQL and all the different web applications I think I can make something happen. 

• Like 4

• Owner
10 hours ago, dripley said:

Sounds like a good thing Mike. Best of luck to you with it.

Being I've managed to get Smarty resource moved from their old hosting to the new hosting. Then converted from vBulletin 4 to Invision Power Board. Now I've got all there Downloads (Smarty Flash Files) moved over. Now added a performance tuner area that here in the near future Professional Tuners can sell their tunes on the site. (Added Bonus). Few other changes to the site that will make more appealing.

Then on top of all this Invision Power Board will be releasing their 4.2.0 version software very soon. So I've got 4 sites I've got to update, configure all the new stuff, and teach the owners how to use the new options. Off course M73M will see this up as well.

Beyond this, I shock most people showing how so many sites are not compliant with HTML5 code now CSS3 code. I did this to local gent yesterday I showed him how another Cummins site was badly written with over 377 HTML errors not to mention it was xHTML 1.0 then came back and tested my own site and I've got 5 minor errors in M73M but all compliant HTML5.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

@Mopar1973Man I am assuming you will do moparman first to 4.2 then quote out the other sites based on how long this site takes?  

Do you have any monthly support agreement with your clients?  Sadly in the computer work you need one, because the better job you do up front means the less ongoing support you will get.  You will come to a point when everyone is fat and happy and they forgot why things run so smooth.

• Like 1

• Owner
1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

@Mopar1973Man I am assuming you will do moparman first to 4.2 then quote out the other sites based on how long this site takes?

That update is maybe 10-15 minutes to do. The fun part is configuring the new stuff depending on the client. At this point I doubt most of my clients will use much of the new stuff. Now M73M I know you guys (staff) will want a few things. 

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

Do you have any monthly support agreement with your clients?

Not as of yet. But I admit you got a good idea but might not quite work quite right for monthly being that updates may be far a part or several close together. I will admit good idea to think about.

• Owner
1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

Yep just remember, the better job you do the less money you will make in the long run.... kinda backwards 

:think: Explain that one?

Like SR I know I've got a lot of hours in the site getting just converted and fired up. Then now all the conversion of data and pages is even more intense. Still got to do the 4.2.0 upgrade there and finalize the last bit of conversion with static pages which are an SEO train wreck and need some TLC to make right. At least it up and running...:shifty:

IF you configure things right from the get go then things are more likely to run smoother for longer with less ongoing issues.  

IE: you did the right thing by migrating SR to a new host, but that means they will have better uptime and storage, thus needing your help less.  

that's the catch 22 of the software / computer world.  The better the work you do the less ongoing money you will bring in.    I am talking long term income.    that's not to say you should do bad work, just understand that a support agreement will keep you funded even though the sites are not having issues.  

If you are good at what you do the last thing you want is income based on things breaking, because things will break less.

• Owner

Oh... I'm not worried about that... SR I've been showing off all the toys and adding more and more functions making the staff job easier but it adding more and more time on my part to create and setup all the information and layout for the new stuff. The biggest thing I've got to teach thee staff on how to use all the functions like store, payment, support tickets, etc. So far they are enjoying the site and making their jobs much easier now. Less phone call, less emails, and communication get jobs done because every see whats going on. 

I think that's the point Nick is trying to make Mike.

There's no question that you're doing great work, its just looking at it more like insurance. You pay for it even when you don't need it, but when you do it pays for itself ten fold. He's saying to treat your company and services the same way. You set a site up good to go and for quite a while they won't need you, but if you have an agreement in place that you'll be paid even when things are fine, then you're more well off.

At least that's what I think you're saying Nick haha.

Edited by notlimah