• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Shudder light throttle

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Built a tune starting at a 100% and using 2% exponential growth. Still in the 1,000 to 1,499 is the nasty miss. Like after completely warming it up and driving back in my driveway it was missing right at 1,100 RPM's. Another spot on a frontage road driving slow around 25 MPH it missing good. Touch the Quadzilla to ZERO it's gone... 

I know its a Quadzilla issue. If I turn it to level 0 its gone. If I unplug the Quadzilla completely its gone. 

I noticed in your screen shot from the other thread

screenshot-20170717-113003.jpg&key=1306e

"light Throttle Load Limit"  shows a PSI number.

The current vehicle profile shows %

Screenshot_20170912-143736.png

Open your app up > opitions> select vehicle > reselect 1998-2002 profile it should prompt you to update, check yes, your tunes will still be there.  and see if that tune screen shows the % rather than psi

Interesting.  Mine shows PSI on that as well.  I just reselected that profile and it still shows PSI for me.  Your talking V2.5 correct?

I didn't get a chance to try your OEM timing plus X timing tune you emailed me the other day, it won't let me grab it from the website and just gives me the oops error. 

Edited by NoMercy Z06

7 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

The 1998-2002 v2.5 profile?    Is the device connected to cell or wifi? 

weird I hate technology sometimes.  

Theres the flash...I think haha ADRV2easytime.exe

wifi.  Sorry the version 2.5 is my only option within 98-02 year range.  I saw a 2.4 option as well but that was for the 00-02. 

So that link is the tune for for the OEM plus timing tune we were PMing about?

It works either way,  If you have all these timing settings at 0 then the equalizer will be an OEM + specified amoutn of timing,  if you have values in the below timing variables then it iwll work as it always has.

Screenshot_20170912-143736.png

I really dont like this tuning method as I feel it doesn't do as good of a job on the timing curve, but it is more forgiving in terms of what hte truck likes.

Edited by Me78569

@Me78569, it's not a huge emergency for me, but have you put any though into a way we can resolve the low rpm low tps lope of larger injector trucks starting at a low canbus level? I liked before when the Quad took control right off idle, but I understand that this causes issues for the manual guys. There's gotta be a happy medium.

haven't even thought about it.  I suppose I could smooth if the tuning profile has auto selected.  

I will think about it.

I know you have said it before, but can you go through the conditions again so I can understand the root issue.  There may be a better way to solve the issue. 

Edited by Me78569

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

haven't even thought about it.  I suppose I could smooth if the tuning profile has auto selected.  

I will think about it.

That's an interesting thought, I forgot about the trans selection parameter. A chance to make everyone happy perhaps, haha. I would think for automatics, if the quad took over as soon as there was a tps signal everything would be happy.

I can't use TPS as a signal because some trucks dont show tps when Cruise control is on.  kill me now

I know you have said it before, but can you go through the conditions again so I can understand the root issue.  There may be a better way to solve the issue. 

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

I can't use TPS as a signal because some trucks dont show tps when Cruise control is on.  kill me now

My bad, I forgot, you told me this before.

2 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

No prob. Light throttle, as soon as RPM reaches over X RPM (we tried a few tunes a while back and I cant remember where we left off, 950 rpm rings a bell), quad takes over, and since my 0 PSI canbus starting point is about 66%, fuel levels for Y% TPS drop, RPM's drop, quad lets go of control, fuel for Y% TPS increases as quad does not have control, equivalent of 100% canbus starting point, RPM's raise. Rinse and repeat. It's very noticeable and i've had people look my way in parking lots with "wtf" written on their faces. Will do it idling or while driving slow, parking lot, residential neighborhood on turns, etc.