• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Shudder light throttle

Mopar1973Man

5 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

My bad, I forgot, you told me this before.

No prob. Light throttle, as soon as RPM reaches over X RPM (we tried a few tunes a while back and I cant remember where we left off, 950 rpm rings a bell), quad takes over, and since my 0 PSI canbus starting point is about 66%, fuel levels for Y% TPS drop, RPM's drop, quad lets go of control, fuel for Y% TPS increases as quad does not have control, equivalent of 100% canbus starting point, RPM's raise. Rinse and repeat. It's very noticeable and i've had people look my way in parking lots with "wtf" written on their faces. Will do it idling or while driving slow, parking lot, residential neighborhood on turns, etc.

I know we've talked about this before but I have the same issue.  I can kill my truck pulling out of a parking spot if my low psi canbus is below 92%.  It's all around that 950 RPM point. Just touch the throttle stuff.  

Kzimmer, who's injectors do you have? 

2 minutes ago, NoMercy Z06 said:

I know we've talked about this before but I have the same issue.  I can kill my truck pulling out of a parking spot if my low psi canbus is below 92%.  It's all around that 950 RPM point. Just touch the throttle stuff.  

Kzimmer, who's injectors do you have? 

Factory bodies with Diesel Speed Shop 7x.014 VCO.

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

I might be able to do a 

(tps > 1 || rpm > 950) || (rpm >1000)

That's worth a donation right there, lol.

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

@NoMercy Z06

Can you data log you killing the truck by blipping the throttle?

I can yes.  I tried to download it before for you but the app locked up and I lost it.   I never tried it on 0 to see if it still died.    I'll try that as well.   Bad thing is I put my Quad in a few days before the injectors so I don't really know which is the cause.  The whole 950 rpm point is where it dies though.   If it doesnt die it definitely surges several times before it settles. 

First data log.   Only 40 seconds long.   Was able to kill it on the second blip.  This was on setting 3.

iQuad-2017-09-13-04.12.00-1003662037.csv

Second log on 0 setting.  Tried 4 or 5 times but couldn't get it to die.  Would still surge but not die. 

iQuad-2017-09-13-04.13.18285870774.csv

Edited by NoMercy Z06

8 minutes ago, NoMercy Z06 said:

First data log.   Only 40 seconds long.   Was able to kill it on the second blip.  This was on setting 3.

iQuad-2017-09-13-04.12.00-1003662037.csv

Second log on 0 setting.  Tried 4 or 5 times but couldn't get it to die.  Would still surge but not die. 

iQuad-2017-09-13-04.13.18285870774.csv

Thanks

Capture.PNG

Very interesting.   You can see the ECM is trying to keep the truck alive, but the vp isn't responding.  Note the canbus fuel message sky rocketing, BUT EGT's are nearly stable. 

Flash that flash I gave you and see if you can reproduce the issue, but the Quadzilla gives up controls soon as TPS = 0 or RPMS are sub 950 rpm.  

I am confused as to why the vp44 isn't fueling on command.  

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

how tight is your converter?

I'm not sure.  Feels okay to me, doesn't drive any different and haven't noticed any changes.  Having said that you bring up a good point, it definitely could be the cause of a stumble like that if it's starting to let go. 

Edited by NoMercy Z06