• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wanting 30-50 more HP

Well you could always get the 3 gauge a-pillar mount and put it there.

I'm not sure mechnical is neccesarily better then electric, just most agree mechanical to be more reliable but I think if you're going with isspro you'll be fine either way. I know @Mopar1973Man is doing just fine with his electric ev2's from isspro so get whatever suites you.

40psi gauge seems a little high to me for fuel pressure on our trucks. You'd only be using maybe half that gauge at any one time and would make getting a more accurate reading from it difficult. I'd recommend a 30psi gauge.

• Like 1

There is the option to plan ahead.  I finally got a triple pillar mount due to the additional specialized gauges on the Quadzilla and opted for the 100 psi fuel pressure gauge and 100 psi boost gauge, just in case of certain potential modifications.... But that's just me.

Edit: Not super applicable to the subject, but just in case the power bug finds you, it is an option...

Edited by trreed

• Owner
7 hours ago, notlimah said:

I know @Mopar1973Man is doing just fine with his electric ev2's from isspro so get whatever suites you.

True... My ISSPro EV2 is working just fine. I've only replaced my pyrometer under warranty. Fuel pressure gauge wise I've got a 0 to 30 PSI gauge. Then using the programming cable and software I programmed the gauge to trip the warning light when the fuel pressure falls below 13 PSI. Then make sure to remote mount the pressure sensor do not install into the tap point. I'm sure that fuel pressure sensor failures will occur.

Ok I installed my XZT+ today I was not sure about the data link plug in the XZT would not plug in far enough for it to latch in place so I had to tape it , here is a pic of the plug I used . The XZT I ordered had the following tune.

File Name: XZT+_1008
Models: DXZ29802
Software Version: 20080128
Feature Code Enabled: XZT+1008

Features:
• Factory Tuning file that all XZT+ Modules are shipped with
• Adds Automatic 1200 RPM High Idle
• Hi Idle not for use with Factory High Idle
• Adds Cold Engine Protection set at 170 deg Coolant Temperature
• High Idle will engage any time the vehicles is in warm up after 2 minutes of continuous idle regardless of switch position
• High Idle will only engage in the OFF setting once engine has reached 170 deg Coolant Temperature
• Module will default to the OFF setting regardless of switch position when Cold Engine Protection is enabled
• 1 Minute wait period before High Idle engages
• High Idle may be disabled by touching the accelerator pedal or by changing switch positions
• 2002 Trucks May also kill high idle with the brake pedal
• High Idle will engage regardless of temperature

and the box was marked

stock

35HP

70HP

I took it for a test drive it does work , only a high idle in the 70HP setting , it had a slight HP increase in the second setting but had smoother acceleration and the 70HP setting was much better with nice acceration going up hills and my MPG guage showed no decrease but a .1 mpg increase over the test drive. I think it will help nicely pulling hills with our trailer.

DSCF6936.JPG

DSCF6477.JPG