• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 Cummins question?

• Owner

That's one thing I never liked about some of the tuners like Edge Juice and Quadzilla the gauges are included but at least Quad works without the gauges. I've always had stand-alone gauges. If I don't want to pack my cell phone I don't have to the Quadzilla still functions without a screen present. Now Edge Juice will not function without a screen present and very visible to a thief you've got a tuner. This gives my truck the kind of "stealth look" there is no tuner visible in the cab and less likely to be broken into because it looks like a stock truck with gauges that's all. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Standard Cab01 said:

I'll look into the adrenaline

If you're going to spend money anyway, just get the Adrinalin. You'll thank yourself later.

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

because it looks like a stock truck with gauges that's all. 

And don't forget the anti-theft option on Quadzilla, good luck trying to drive it very far especially if you don't know what to unplug.

• Thanks 1

• Owner
1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

And don't forget the anti-theft option on Quadzilla, good luck trying to drive it very far especially if you don't know what to unplug.

I love that feature. Basically, park your truck and leave it on level 1. Set the power for that level to 20%. Now the truck barely drives about 20-25 MPH top speed and struggles to do it. 

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

If you're going to spend money anyway, just get the Adrinalin. You'll thank yourself later.

Quadzilla (180 HP $743.00) - $4.12 per horsepower

Edge Comp (120 HP $600.00) - $5.00 per horsepower

Edge Juice CTS (180 HP $1,000.00) - $5.55 per horsepower

XZT (60 HP $358.00) - $5.96 per horsepower

Edge EZ (60 HP $430.00) - $7.16 per horsepower

Smarty (60 HP $649.00) - $10.81 per horsepower

Smarty Touch (60 HP $865.00) - $14.41 per horsepower

BOLD - Custom tunable 

Here is the break down of the common tuners and the prices from the manufacturer. The two in bold are custom tuneable where the rest are canned tunes and you must accept it as is nothing can be changed about the tuning. As you'll see I broke it down into price per horsepower. Then from the least expensive price per HP to the most going down. I know some people will argue the Smarty Touch yes it does produce way more HP but on the 2003 and up Common Rail engine. For our 24V trucks it's only a 60 HP tuner because it got no ability to wire tap making it the most expensive per HP

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Now Edge Juice will not function without a screen present

Not true. Mine works just fine after removing the screen, the box under the hood just stays on whatever settings it was on. Of course at that point you are right, no gauges.

Some of the models of these for other trucks do break when the screen goes.. My neighbor has the older Edge JWA on his duramax, that gets completely in the way of all computer signals. And when it locks up, the truck dies, very dangerous driving down the road.

Mine however when it has locked up does not change the driveability, I can reset just the screen by pulling the OBD II cable and plugging it back in as the computer driving the screen is a separate computer than the one controlling the engine.

For the lock-up reasons alone I wish I hadn't gone Edge but at that time the Adrenaline either wasn't out or not well known. Edge was also much simpler to use and cost the same as all 4 guages I was looking at on-sale so I got it originally not intending to use the programming. Smarty didn't have a shift-on-the-fly model that i could find, any system that I have to pull over for 10 minutes to change power and eventually burn out the eeprom in my computer and/or leave a trace of such activity is really really unappealing.

Edge's biggest flaw is their cheap under-powered touch screen as:

1) Locks up at least once a month

2) Doesn't always react in the right spot (does if you use a plastic stylus or tip of a pen)

3) Slow to react when it does

4) Pressure sensitive 90's style touch screen not the capacitive screens we've had for 10+ years on all other devices.

For the price this should be a nicer touch screen that's way more responsive given whats available to hobbyists for cheap and that the CTS2 is only a few years old.

The JWA CS (with buttons) reacts a lot quicker and smoother and doesn't bug-out.

12 hours ago, Standard Cab01 said:

I have been looking at the quesadilla tuners, like I said I don't want a race truck so how do you feel about the XZT box? 

I don't want to wire tap, will it work with the rv275 s?

just keep in mind that if your running the stock 47re auto, anything over a 50-60 hp gain might be pushing the limits without a tranny upgrade,