• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo question

2 minutes ago, Standard Cab01 said:

That would be a plus.

Do they spool faster?

More psi ?

I better not say on that. I have a 6 speed and hx35 so idk much about the HY35. I wouldn't be surprised if you gained a few psi of boost though. I believe the exhaust housing on the HX is bigger han the HY. If I'm not mistaken its a 9cm housing on the Hy and 12cm on the Hx which would explain lower egts. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

If you can find one cheap and in good shape or very cheap and rebuilt it then I would, I don't think I'd buy one new, there are other options that would be better. I've bought one before for $100 in great shape didn't need anything, sold it to friend for same price with few other things, he put it on a ricer and it's working for him.

Don't get one that's leaking oil in exhaust housing, good chance it will need machine work done, unless you can tear it up part and make sure housing is in good shape.