• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

2 minutes ago, Standard Cab01 said:

That would be a plus.

Do they spool faster?

More psi ?

I better not say on that. I have a 6 speed and hx35 so idk much about the HY35. I wouldn't be surprised if you gained a few psi of boost though. I believe the exhaust housing on the HX is bigger han the HY. If I'm not mistaken its a 9cm housing on the Hy and 12cm on the Hx which would explain lower egts. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

I've pushed my hx to 45 no benefit to that, did feel strong to about 38, spooled really quick compared to hybrid I got now, but hybrid isn't that bad at all after i got used to it.

Possible lower egts at wot with the hx. Hy will be lower at cruise due to more shaft power from the smaller housing.

If you can find one cheap and in good shape or very cheap and rebuilt it then I would, I don't think I'd buy one new, there are other options that would be better. I've bought one before for $100 in great shape didn't need anything, sold it to friend for same price with few other things, he put it on a ricer and it's working for him.

Don't get one that's leaking oil in exhaust housing, good chance it will need machine work done, unless you can tear it up part and make sure housing is in good shape.