• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

quad v2 wiretap settings

rogerash0

After reviewing Nicks video on the quad v2 custom tuning functions, which really should be described in the app so I dont have to reference the video every time, he talks about TPS Pump Minimum and Pump Low Boost Scale PSI controlling when wiretap is applied. 

I want wiretap to come on at 20% TPS. If I leave Pump Low Boost Scale PSI to 0, will wiretap be left off even when boost is 0psi or greater? ie. whatever setting is set, either boost or TPS %, wiretap wont be turned on until the highest parameter setting has been achieved? 

A digital light on the dashboard of the app that shows when wiretap is coming on would be really cool. That would clear up any confusion.

Also, is the max canbus fuel 4095? Lately the largest numbers I have been seeing in my data logs have been around 2900.

Also, is there a reason why Nick doesnt set max pump stretch to 2200 in his extreme tunes? Thats the maximum allowed, but 2000 is the highest Ive seen him input.

i went to that forum then clicked create post and it re-brought up the list of forums to post in and I didnt see the quadzilla section populated on the list. sorry, I figured it went to the wrong section after all..

edit; at the top of this post, the directory tree is listed as: 

so I still cant really tell where this thread was stashed exactly.

Edited by rogerash0

All conditions must be met for wiretap to apply.  The pump low boost scale defines what psi the wiretap map starts at.  Ie an offset.

The tps settings define where the 0-100% axis of the tps settings come in. At 20-80 your 0-100% is scaled between 20-80 throttle.

As for why you don't see peak canbus please post a datalog and the tune you are running.

Fuel stretch is not more = better.  You can run too much duration causing power to drop off. If you have decent sized injectors you really don't need that much fuel stretch.  Your injector size is doing the work vs the pump.  I don't use over 2k stretch because 1800-2000 is typically where peak hp gain happens.

Edited by Me78569
  • Thanks 1

Cool, thanks Nick. I wasnt sure if you were trying to save the pump 10% of its maximum capability for the sake of cooling or longevity. I havnt even gone 100% TPS on my setup because its pretty powerful and there's no dead roads around here. I need to solve some boost leaks before I can do that.

It still drives me absolutely bonkers how I cant find APK's and update flash files for the unit under the hood on the official site. I got the 1.9.41 apk just now, off this site, but it sounds like there may be an even newer beta version with a handy feature you speak of? I cant tell by text all the time.

Off to go find the update I tried to get months ago, with the status bar or what not..

All conditions must be met for wiretap to apply.

This is a big help, thx

Did you sign up with quadzilla to be a beta tester?  That's what I refer to when I talk about updates.  The flash files won't be on the official site as it is not offically supported to flash yourself.  Quadzilla will flash for you, which is the official method.  

Keep in mind if you set tps Max at 80% you get %100 wiretap at 80% throttle.  You always get a full 0-100% but the mins and maxes just tell the quadzilla when to hit that.

I had no idea its not officially supported to flash yourself. That's a bit silly. The more power you give to the people, the better the product will be, the more popular it will be. Little things like the lack of custom tune descriptions drive me nuts. It tells you the max and min values, theres plenty of room on the screen, have a darn description of the setting's function there. Same with how small the text is, and how small the lines are to click on. The truck is a lumber wagon even with Carli shocks, I have to be at a red light to operate the tablet even on a 7" display.

No, I didnt sign up to be a beta tester, I never saw that option.

I have a suspicion last time when I updated to 2.7 Beta that that profile name was never updated from the goofy "quadzilla only 2.7" or what not, so I never switched over to it.

Can you enlighten me as to if I need to reflash from 2.7 Beta to 2.7 Public? ie. we're there changes made?

Edited by rogerash0

I dont remember honestly.  

haha making code changes is a long daw out process from the app side.   Make a suggestion to Quadzilla for these things, they have been good at putting user requests in releases.  

The reason why it isn't offically supported is that microsoft changed the requirements for the driver signing on later OS's  you have to jump through the hoops that I documented.    Until the point at which Quadzilla is able to get the driver signed through microsoft, hint $$$$$$,   then it will not be supported to flash yourself.  Just keep in mind that it is never as easy as you might think.  

I always suggested using the normal profile in the app so you don't have to deal with these types of "guessing".    The latest flash is in place in the downloads section.  

As for a beta tester for the app you need to call them and request that if you want it.     all I can say is dont be frustrated at Quadzilla, as a company, because of the way that I work with flashes etc here on Mopar1973man.   I push releases much faster than they do because i can due to the type of people that are on mopar1973man.com.

You dont need to flash.  the differences in the 2.7 beta vs the 2.7 public are minor / insignificant.  

also as an fYI we ( mopar9173man.com) try to keep the download section updated with the most current stuff we can.

• Like 1

Driver signing goes back to XP days last I checked. Bugger with that anyway, host the files and throw a link from this site on how to do it. It looks like they rely on this site for all their guides and information, anyway.

Ive made several suggestions to them thru their site since you previously told me to.

The confusing part to me, is after flashing to 2.7 on the unit itself, is what profile do I then run on the phone. Both of the 2.7 versions have goofy names like quad zilla only, and do not use this. (my phone is dead right now so I cant look at the names of the profiles to quote verbatim)

I just feel like the information on their website is cumbersome and not well documented. From the get-go the iquad and iquadBT is a ridiculous naming scheme. When I read iquadbt I still think apple because its got iquad in the name. I second guessed the product i was ordering & even again after I had ordered it.

The Iquad started as an IOS device only, that's where the name came from.   Move forward XX years and they came out with bluetooth.   

hindsight is 20/20

Use the 1998-2002 V2 profile.  that's the only V2 profile for public.   here's the current list

Screenshot_iQuad_20180223-193649.png

I just switched to Nicks long idle flash and updated the app to what was posted by qwadzila 1.9.41 (58) and this is my vehicle selection screen, still have v2 dodge 1998-2002 version 2.5 and now using 

V2 dodge 98-02 version 2.7 Screenshot_20180223-214820.png.a8c2e9998e2cb4a8cf869d6e4738171e.png

Edited by Dieselfuture
Forgot the picture

Thanks Nick and dieselfuture, those screenshots help a lot to know for sure (what profiles to expect to see).

Rebuilding tunes from scratch on the Amazon tablet bc they won't import sucks too, cause the sliders on across the entire boost table are really hard to get right in one go. There's no +/- button when your just one interger off from Target.

• Owner
1 minute ago, rogerash0 said:

Rebuilding tunes from scratch on the Amazon tablet bc they won't import sucks too, cause the sliders on across the entire boost table are really hard to get right in one go.

Tap on the text box at the bottom and enter each one by hand. The EQ sliders personally suck. Look cool but impossible to use. Especially when you're trying to hit exactly one number. 

The tune will reimport after quadzilla changes the profile name back to what it used to be.  I dunno why they changed it, likely oversight.  

you can open the json with notepad or similar and just change the profile name to match.  however I would guess monday they will change it back

• Like 1