• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ground Reference VP44,ECM,PCM,PDC plus TC lock/unlock

The temperature sensor is used to make fine adjustments to the battery float voltage for optimal battery life. It's not used to determine battery health. The crimping only vs. Soldering debate depends on the lugs and tool quality most DIY stuff is not very good so there can be corrosion problems. A top notch crimp tool and dies are very expensive and require matching lugs to get a perfect fit.

• Staff

Mopar1973Man, You need to call W-T as I'm off the hook on this. He been wanting to hear from you anyway. He's good man and will get this controversy settled smooth as glass. :hug:

Edited by JAG1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2002 2500 that just started the TC lock/unlock.  I have been reading this post several times and I have a question.  I understand that I need to place the 4 ground wires on the casing but it seems the B+ line is causing a problem due to being routed next to the 5 volt sensor lines.  Would changing the B+ line to 2AWG and routing it from the alternator across the top of the radiator and to the 140A fuse at the PDC where it is currently connected fix the issue as well?  I would think that that would prevent the battery sensor on main battery and B+ line on alt battery issue.  Just a thought.

Thanks

Ray

• Staff

It might solve the problem, but almost everyone here has done the full important portion of doing the 4 sensor grounds and shortening the B+ wire to the passenger battery making the job complete. So I don't know if anyone has an answer on doing just that portion of the job.

It is important to mention that Mopar1973Man and W-T (both professionals on the subject) are going to have a discussion in the future about the battery to battery strapping being an important part of the equation. I have to somehow trick them into showing up at the chicken house at the same time for a big bawk squawk and talk. :punish:

Edited by JAG1

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

It is important to mention that Mopar1973Man and W-T (both professionals on the subject) are going to have a discussion in the future about the battery to battery strapping being an important part of the equation. I have to somehow trick them into showing up at the chicken house at the same time for a big bawk squawk and talk. :punish:

Looking forward to that

• Like 1