• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Finding fuel leak under FASS pressure

I've have a fuel leak between fass and fuel module.   I'm trying to find exact location of leak. Leak is only about 3 drops per min and probably a connection, but I need to find.

Is it alright to turn key on and leave it on...way after WTS light goes out?  I want to keep fuel under pressure to find where drips are coming from. 

Thanks

Edited by 015point9
spelling and explain better

15 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Just jump fass relay harness so pump stays on 

OK thanks...Don't know why I keep calling it a FASS...really its an airdog and I didn't know if OK to keep elec on that long.   I'll bypass other stuff and I find my jumper wire.  I'll hook up from battery (with 20 amp fuse) to pump.  

Edited by 015point9

• Staff

Pull the relay and jumper between where terminal #30 and terminal #87 of the relay would go.  This way the fuse is already in the system and no need for a long jumper wire.  I generally use a large paper clip as my jumper.  

If you have a compressor you can use the compressed air to blow the wet area dry to help find the leak.

Thanks folks...Got leak fixed.  Didn't trust my elec knowledge (couldn't find terminal 87)  I got line clean as possible, sprayed powder foot spray, started truck, wait for wet spot to show up.   I've got way to many connections in my fuel line, I have jic and push lock fittings.  I have it set up so I can unscrew a line and by pass airdog and run a carter pump.  Takes more fittings than I'd like. 

Edited by 015point9

• Owner
17 hours ago, 015point9 said:

I have it set up so I can unscrew a line and by pass airdog and run a carter pump.

I've got the same thing but no extra fittings really. Just the two male JIC fittings for the Carter. No it's not mounted on the block. It would hang in the AirDog location. Just swap power leads. 

But my AirDog 150 has been running non-stop for 12 years now. I've long given up on the secondary lift pump long ago.