• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Went Loggin'

Was coming home from dog training last week. We got done right at sunset. So I'm driving home in the "sorta" dark. You know, that time between sunset and dark where your headlights ain't doing squat!!! Anyhow, on the ride home, it rolled over a "log" in the road!!! It made an terrible racket under the truck, but I didn't think anything more of it until I turned into my drive. EEEEEEEERRRRREEEE!!!!! Bent the snot out of the steering stabilizer!!! Nothing else as far as I can tell!! I tried to take some pix, but none of them were good enough to post to show the bend in the shaft and the kink in the tube of the stabilizer!!!:smart: I must've took 12 pix and all of them sucked!!! Sorry guys!!:banghead::banghead:

Was coming home from dog training last week. We got done right at sunset. So I'm driving home in the "sorta" dark. You know, that time between sunset and dark where your headlights ain't doing squat!!! Anyhow, on the ride home, it rolled over a "log" in the road!!! It made an terrible racket under the truck, but I didn't think anything more of it until I turned into my drive. EEEEEEEERRRRREEEE!!!!! Bent the snot out of the steering stabilizer!!! Nothing else as far as I can tell!! I tried to take some pix, but none of them were good enough to post to show the bend in the shaft and the kink in the tube of the stabilizer!!!:smart: I must've took 12 pix and all of them sucked!!! Sorry guys!!:banghead::banghead:

are you talking about one of these? http://www.vulcanperformance.com/PSC-Steering-Box-Stabilizer-for-94-02-4WD-p/pscss.htm i am about to put one on. you don't think that could bend the pitman shaft?

are you talking about one of these? http://www.vulcanperformance.com/PSC-Steering-Box-Stabilizer-for-94-02-4WD-p/pscss.htm i am about to put one on. you don't think that could bend the pitman shaft?

No, I'm talking about the shock looking thing that attaches the steering arm to the axle. You've linked a "steering box support/stabilizer". I've got the BD version of that on my truck!!

Was trying to find a pic for guesswho and found this instead.

Guesswho, he bent the shock behind the skid plate, that shock works the same as the ones on the suspension, resisting fast movement to allow for better steering control, or "stabilizing" it. One end connects to the axle to have something solid to work with, and you can see the other end connected to the track rod to stabilize it. So when you hit that raccoon on the road, it should stay straight, how it's supposed to work anyways :lol:

Think that skid plate would have helped you dorkweed :thumb1:

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Huh? Mine is tuck behind the transfer case and protected by a skid plate???

Posted Image

But thats not the OE mount is it?

If I ever do a filtered pump I plan to put it in a similar fashion, up and out of the way!

On a side note, have you seen the new f/w sep AD is using? Really improves the separation. Luberfiner LFF9594.

• Staff

Yes it is... Short box edition...

Oh wow, not bad. Most the mounts I have seen hang the filters below the frame.

No... :shrug:

Based on someone, :whistle:, posting the specs on their filters, they decided to upgrade to a filter that is as close as possible to stock filtration.

Old filter, 20 GPH 50% free water sep, 0% emulsified

New, 90 GPH 95% free water sep, 75% emulsified. (Luberfiner LFF9594)

On a note, don't use any Fleetguard crosses for the Luberfiner, they are rated at 20GPH. Not sure on Donaldson.

• Like 1

Oh wow, not bad. Most the mounts I have seen hang the filters below the frame.

Based on someone, :whistle:, posting the specs on their filters, they decided to upgrade to a filter that is as close as possible to stock filtration.

Old filter, 20 GPH 50% free water sep, 0% emulsified

New, 90 GPH 95% free water sep, 75% emulsified. (Luberfiner LFF9594)

On a note, don't use any Fleetguard crosses for the Luberfiner, they are rated at 20GPH. Not sure on Donaldson.

this is for the 100 and 150?