Sign in to follow this  
Heavyd1980

No cruise control

I have a 1998.5 that I just recently bought and the cruise control does not work. The truck has a NV4500 transmission, when I depress the button the light does not come on I have tried using the set button but nothing happens. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ok I looked for a fuse and could not find one that is deciated to the cruise control, the vaccum is connected as well as the wiring to the servo under the battery.

Does the heat / A/C control work... to send the air to defrost / dash / floor? This is also vacume controled. If that's ok, then likely the vacume is ok. Eliminates one possibility. Good luck.Russ

sorry for the late response but yes the climate control works great as well as the four wheel drive. i was also talking with a friend of mine and he sugguets replacing the clockspring? has anyone ever done one of these and if so what all is involved i know its behind the airbag.

The only thing to remember about doing work on anything around the airbag requires you to disconnect both batteries for a period of time to discharge the firing capacitor for the air bags. So after that you safe... If it was me before I'd go through the trouble of doing a clock spring I would test the clockspring for opens and short with a DVM from pin to pin. This way you can also check the control switches too...