• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No cruise control

I have a 1998.5 that I just recently bought and the cruise control does not work. The truck has a NV4500 transmission, when I depress the button the light does not come on I have tried using the set button but nothing happens. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• 3 months later...

sorry for the late response but yes the climate control works great as well as the four wheel drive. i was also talking with a friend of mine and he sugguets replacing the clockspring? has anyone ever done one of these and if so what all is involved i know its behind the airbag.

• Owner

The only thing to remember about doing work on anything around the airbag requires you to disconnect both batteries for a period of time to discharge the firing capacitor for the air bags. So after that you safe... If it was me before I'd go through the trouble of doing a clock spring I would test the clockspring for opens and short with a DVM from pin to pin. This way you can also check the control switches too...