• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

21 hours ago, 5Solas said:

Do still have the old pump installed hooked up to the Hobbs switch? Did you install the auxiliary water and fuel filters? One thing I see as an advantage in the electric pumps fass/airdog is the air separation, sending more pure fuel to the IP

i do have the old stock lp hooked up in the system and all i got to do is manually hook the connectors to a battery to prime. I think the ecm LP circuit is gone as it wont operate anymore and has been unplugged since i installed the fuel boss. I have gone across the country twice on the fuel boss alone with zero issues.  i do have everything plumbed to the stock filter housing, i dont have mad hp on the truck and not out for max power, i mostly keep things stock for dependability and longevity.

6 hours ago, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

i do have the old stock lp hooked up in the system and all i got to do is manually hook the connectors to a battery to prime. I think the ecm LP circuit is gone as it wont operate anymore and has been unplugged since i installed the fuel boss. I have gone across the country twice on the fuel boss alone with zero issues.  i do have everything plumbed to the stock filter housing, i dont have mad hp on the truck and not out for max power, i mostly keep things stock for dependability and longevity.

I think you ought to try a Quad/Smarty/Comp triple stack and see if you can break the sound barrier.:burnout:

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2018 at 5:37 PM, 5Solas said:

Some how I’ve made 189K miles on the stock pump, but know I’m on borrowed time. So, I’m trying to decide between a Fuel Boss or Airdog 2 4g 165 lift pump. I can see benefits for both and would appreciate some insight. My truck is currently stock and don’t see heavy modifications. I do haul with it: stock, boats and wood. Currently it’s my main rig and mostly just getting around. 

Thanks,

JT

9A61C077-A0BD-4E40-A4F3-1F171DDED37C.jpeg

08186686-917D-47D3-841E-8882E97C1D14.jpeg

E829F1C4-8D3D-424B-8023-DC0CD77DE68D.jpeg

I know that it’s probably not the popular choice, but I have had great luck out of the FRRP that I use. It holds 20psi at idle, and WOT won’t drop below 17. Granted, I haven’t tapped the pump, so my impression might change if the pressure drops too far with the wire tap. But for under $300, I don’t know that you can beat the value. For mild mods and daily driving, mine has been great. 

• Like 2