• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Some how I’ve made 189K miles on the stock pump, but know I’m on borrowed time. So, I’m trying to decide between a Fuel Boss or Airdog 2 4g 165 lift pump. I can see benefits for both and would appreciate some insight. My truck is currently stock and don’t see heavy modifications. I do haul with it: stock, boats and wood. Currently it’s my main rig and mostly just getting around. 

Thanks,

JT

9A61C077-A0BD-4E40-A4F3-1F171DDED37C.jpeg

08186686-917D-47D3-841E-8882E97C1D14.jpeg

E829F1C4-8D3D-424B-8023-DC0CD77DE68D.jpeg

If you are going to keep it stock a 100 or 150 is more than enough. I have the AD II 165 on mine. At the time it was the only one that came with a kit to remove the in tank pump that Dodge blesses me with. Way over kill for my truck but I had room to grow if I wanted. Plus it was not that much more than a 150. That was about 200k ago and I did loose the pump about 80k ago and they replaced it no questions asked. Other than that I have had no other problems.

I like my Fass Titanium just fine, works great and quiet 16-17 psi

I just installed My Fass a couple months ago replacing stock cummins lift pumps.

Last stock pump lasted a long time till it finally went down to 12 psi

When you lost your lift pump did you loose your VP?

On 5/22/2018 at 7:47 PM, dripley said:

If you are going to keep it stock a 100 or 150 is more than enough. I have the AD II 165 on mine. At the time it was the only one that came with a kit to remove the in tank pump that Dodge blesses me with. Way over kill for my truck but I had room to grow if I wanted. Plus it was not that much more than a 150. That was about 200k ago and I did loose the pump about 80k ago and they replaced it no questions asked. Other than that I have had no other problems.

On 5/23/2018 at 4:42 PM, GSP7 said:

I like my Fass Titanium just fine, works great and quiet 16-17 psi

I just installed My Fass a couple months ago replacing stock cummins lift pumps.

Last stock pump lasted a long time till it finally went down to 12 psi

There isn’t much louder than our engines!

3 hours ago, 5Solas said:

No sir I did not. Still have it and I now have 225k on it. Mstter of fact my oe lift failed at 150k and i did not loose that VP either, put another 70k on that one for a total life span of 145k. The oe VP was the crappy one at only a 75k life span. Dodge got stuck with that one.

On 5/22/2018 at 2:40 PM, Hawkez said:

I have the fuel boss, it's been on for 35k.  No issues.  My FP doesn't fluctuate, it is steady at 17psi, whether at idle or WOT.

The mechanical pump is interesting because as you increase rpms the fuel pressure increases accordingly. I’ve also seen you can get additional fuel/water filters like the electric pumps. Removing the air from the fuel is the only thing a mechanical pump seems to lack.

3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Your obviously not married yet. :)

Point Taken ??

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:16 PM, 5Solas said:

The mechanical pump is interesting because as you increase rpms the fuel pressure increases accordingly.

My pressure doesn't increase with acceleration.  There is a pressure regulator that keeps the pressure constant.  I have read that others said there pressure increases, but I have never seen that.

fuel boss all the way. pressure increase with rpm, one single point of failure (belt) and thats if it ever breaks...

i installed my fuel boss back in 2011 and had zero issues since.

I will never go electric again, too many points of failure and eventually the motor will wear out or need replacing. doing this will take time and money and downtime. if the belt breaks on my fuel boss...  well 15 minutes to replace it using an allen wrench and truck is back in service.

Edited by CUMMINSDIESELPWR

• Owner
15 minutes ago, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

too many points of failure and eventually the motor will wear out or need replacing.

Like my AirDog 150 after 12 years of service and still singing away under the truck. Zero down time. Close to 200k miles on that pump. It's so old now the AirDog badge fell off. It would take me about the same amount of time with a 3/8 wrench and four bolts. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

6 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Like my AirDog 150 after 12 years of service and still singing away under the truck. Zero down time. Close to 200k miles on that pump. It's so old now the AirDog badge fell off. It would take me about the same amount of time with a 3/8 wrench and four bolts. 

well you got yours when airdog was quality stuff, now its all cheap chinese junk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

fuel boss all the way. pressure increase with rpm, one single point of failure (belt) and thats if it ever breaks...

i installed my fuel boss back in 2011 and had zero issues since.

I will never go electric again, too many points of failure and eventually the motor will wear out or need replacing. doing this will take time and money and downtime. if the belt breaks on my fuel boss...  well 15 minutes to replace it using an allen wrench and truck is back in service.

Do still have the old pump installed hooked up to the Hobbs switch? Did you install the auxiliary water and fuel filters? One thing I see as an advantage in the electric pumps fass/airdog is the air separation, sending more pure fuel to the IP