• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Help! No juice down to clutch interlock wire, can't find a reference to fuse location, anyone had any experience with this problem, thinking about putting in a push button start!   o1 Ram.  email bwbrewco@gmail.com

Still trying to get power down to the clutch switch so I can get it started, fuses appear to be good in PDC, would like to get it running so I can get it to a dealer shop or repair and then go and pick up my new riding lawn mower. My biggest handicap is my age ( 80 ) and my back, hard to get up under dash and look around !  Email = bwbrewco@gmail.com

30 minutes ago, bwbrewco said:

Hi Dripley what did you do ? Exactly, please !

I ran a hot off of one of the PDC terminals into the cab, thru a starter switch, then back under the hood to the starter solenoid. I used 12 ga wire but there is not much current on that wire.20180610_115741.jpg.c5d6e0cce6256379114795ed42411404.jpg20180610_115610.jpg.3bb4b92cfcd042f5db83b1d93b67b9f3.jpg  Turn the key on hit the switch and she starts. It's not pretty but it works for now.

I dont know how mobile you are at 80, at 65 I can feel the difference, but you will have to get under the truck to get the wire on the solenoid. The OE wire to the solenoid is actually attached to the end of the PDC nearest engine. You could unplug that connection and tie into it there but you would need some sort of female connector to attach there. 

• Staff

I'd like to help but like KOTOOM I live pretty far away, over 10 hours.

If the starter relay socket has power to terminal #30 and the wire from the starter relay socket terminal #87 to the starter motor is good Then this will work in a pinch to get engine started.  You will then be able to get it to a repair shop.

1. Make a jumper wire with 3"-5" long 14-12 gauge wire with cover striped from ends about 1/4"-1/2"

2. For safety  place the transmission in neutral, apply park brake and block the wheels !!  

3. Remove PDC cover and remove starter motor relay.  Relay location on inside of PDC cover and in picture below.

4. Turn ignition switch to the on position.

5.  Using the jumper wire touch terminals #30 and #87 at the same time.

This will be like the start position on the ignition switch and the engine should start.  

Once the engine starts remove the wire.

IMG_3711.JPG.a83b71d183b9aa438bae89842d6477af.JPG

4 hours ago, IBMobile said:

I'd like to help but like KOTOOM I live pretty far away, over 10 hours.

If the starter relay socket has power to terminal #30 and the wire from the starter relay socket terminal #87 to the starter motor is good Then this will work in a pinch to get engine started.  You will then be able to get it to a repair shop.

1. Make a jumper wire with 3"-5" long 14-12 gauge wire with cover striped from ends about 1/4"-1/2"

2. For safety  place the transmission in neutral, apply park brake and block the wheels !!  

3. Remove PDC cover and remove starter motor relay.  Relay location on inside of PDC cover and in picture below.

4. Turn ignition switch to the on position.

5.  Using the jumper wire touch terminals #30 and #87 at the same time.

This will be like the start position on the ignition switch and the engine should start.  

Once the engine starts remove the wire.

IMG_3711.JPG.a83b71d183b9aa438bae89842d6477af.JPG

That step did not work for me.