• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I need help spending some money

I have to apologize about the overflow valve question.  That was a big brain :burnout: on my side.  I completely forgot about the banjo bolt there for the return.

Anyway, Things went real well and replacing the VP44 was much easier than I had anticipated.  Here's a timeline of my progress

10:30  Started the process

12:25  VP44 out

1:20 New VP44 installed

2:00 everything hooked back up.

I hot wired my DDRP and let it run for 10 minutes and verified fuel flow to VP44

2:11 Cranked for probably less than 10 seconds and the Silvermoose fired right up.  It ran rough for a few seconds but that's it.

Everything went real smooth.  Installing the new pump and aligning the key was pretty much a none issue.  It went on real easy.  I was very paranoid that I would drop the lock washer inside as I usually do stupid stuff like that.  The magnet tip and something else I thought of made it pretty fool proof.  I got a piece of cardboard and put it in the opening to keep things from falling down.

425944003_WasherCatcher.jpg.c4b7034500c9cdee3fb17445dc88ef24.jpg

The biggest PITA to me was getting the two inside mounting bolts off.  I'm glad I had some wobbly extension for my 1/2" drive.  I knew I would not have too easy a time getting them back on and I had a brainstorm.  I fired up the hot glue gun and tacked the bolt to the socket so it wouldn't fall off.  That helped tremendously.

All in all, the process went real smooth and I had no major issues or obstacles. 

I think my old pump had been going for a while.  The Silvermoose starts up real real fast now.  That surprised me quite a bit.  It definitely runs a lot better and smoother.  I also have been having a lopey idle at start up which is now gone.  That's been happening for a long time.

I Have to thank everyone for all the input and appreciate it tremendously.  Thanks again:thumb1::thanks::cummins:

L8tr

d

• Like 2

• Staff

Its a good feeling to get that done and go so well. Part of the reason it's important to learn is all the talk about the VP being the weak point with these trucks. Using 2 stroke in the fuel, with good pressure, keeping A/C noise low makes it a reliable truck. Esp. when the injection pump is one of the easiest to change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1