• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Member Checking In

AKjeff

I had an email invite to post an intro and forgot to, then I responded up forum to a question so thought I'd poke my head in here and say "Hi".

This is my 4th Dodge CTD, my 2nd '01 and my 2nd one with an auto trans.

I bought my first '01 (w. manual trans) new off the lot, drove it for 7 years and 60K miles and traded it for an SUV for my wife.

Two years later I bought a used '08 w. auto trans and traded it a month later for an '05 w. manual.  I drove that one for 6 years and 55K miles.

Two months ago I bought this '01 with 193K miles and found this forum while researching the auto trans.

I figured this transmission has been around long enough that all the weaknesses are known and the after market has fixes for them.

I worked on Fords for a living briefly in the '90's and despise the E4OD, so I avoided auto transmissions when ever possible.

I do as much of my own work as I can, that was the reason for going back to an older truck.  I intend to keep it stock, my first '01 was a little tuned up but when I started riding motorcycles I realized nothing on four wheels will be that fast, that I can afford to drive anyway.

I live near Carson City, NV so will be doing some towing in the mountains and will look to optimize the truck for that and long distance road trips.