• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Couple easy questions from a newbie

First.... What kind of lift pump is this? And is it decent?Posted Image

Second.... Do I have a DANA 80 that is limited slip or not? I heard that limited slip dana 80s are standard in 01 and 02 one tons with the 6 speed tranny and 245 motor, but I don't know.

Posted Image

Third.... My cruise control indicator on the lcd screen below the trip and odometer always stays lit, and my cruise doesn't work.... Posted Image

Next, this may be related to the cruise not working or it may not be, my BRAKES and ABS light are constantly illuminated.. Only codes I have are the 0122 code for a dying apps, which I will be replacing with one from timbo in the near future.

Posted Image

Not sure on the pump,it maybe a holly. I have seen them but not sure. Cruise light, look under the battery, driver side and check wires. Then again it maybe in steering wheel. Brakes, I would pull wheel and check them out and while your at it spray brake cleaner.

• Like 1

Not sure on the pump,it maybe a holly. I have seen them but not sure. Cruise light, look under the battery, driver side and check wires. Then again it maybe in steering wheel. Brakes, I would pull wheel and check them out and while your at it spray brake cleaner.

Holley, ok I will google that and see if it looks like mine.

Alright, pulled the battery and the tray, and aside from a lot of acid damage to the inner fender, which I will be sanding and repainting asap, I didn't see any broken wires on that harness below the box, although it does look like battery acid has eroded the wire loom and the electrical tape in that area, but the actual wires and their insulation appear to all be ok.

Will do that. Thanks. :thumbup2:

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

dana 80....6-speed...3.55's...sweet!!:woot:

haha yeah I love the truck, bought it last week from my grandpa for $7k cash and carry. Trying to fix a few problems though!!! You wouldn't happen to know if the Dana 80 in the 01 and 02 one tons is limited slip from the factory or if that was an option?

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Well I don't think this lift pump is a Holley... All the pictures of Holley blue and black I found with google look a little bit different than this one... I have seen this kind of pump on other trucks I have looked at while truck shopping, and have yet to figure out what kind it is.

It looks like a Airtex lift pump... As for the cruise... I need to know what year? As for the ABS/BRAKE you got a speed sensor out... So assuming you still got speedometer its one of the front axle speed sensors...

THANK YOU!!!! It is a 2001 Ram 3500 2 wheel drive with the 245 engine and 6 speed manual. That is good news, I will look into getting new hubs or just the sensors, whatever would be smartest. If the sensors are like 50 or 60 bucks a piece or something, then I might as well just buy new hubs if the new hub came with new sensors.

• Owner

As for the cruise... Hmmm... Sounds like there is a wiring issue steering column maybe like clockspring... Let me dig through my books and see if I can find a good wiring diagram for cruise control and get it posted up. To me it sound like the cruise switch is stuck... :shrug: But let me do some digging in the morning when I'm not so bushed...:thud:

• Like 1

i have the limited slip on my 99. i think my hood tag says something about it there. the easiest way is to lift the rear-end and spin the wheels with your hand. if both wheels are off the ground the wheel spin the same direction, it has limited slip. if they spin oppisite direction, then it is open diff. will check the hood sticker in a few

• Like 1

As for the cruise... Hmmm... Sounds like there is a wiring issue steering column maybe like clockspring... Let me dig through my books and see if I can find a good wiring diagram for cruise control and get it posted up.

To me it sound like the cruise switch is stuck... :shrug:

But let me do some digging in the morning when I'm not so bushed...:thud:

That is what I thought but I went out and held mine on while I started the truck and my little green light didn't come on until I let off on the button. Does yours come on just holding the button down? I took my module out of the steering wheel once and it is very simple. Not sure yours is just as simple but I think it would be a simple fix if it was the button messing up.

Make sure you add a friction modifier additive to the axle oil every time you change it or the limited slip will stop working and will become a locker. Then you end up with my screwed up axle, though works kinda nice in winter since I can have half the truck in the ditch and snow and the other half on pavement and not know the difference :lol: Not good for the axle though!

• Like 1

Here is a wiring diagram for you...

Do me a favor and double check you error codes I got docs for it but I need t oknow if there is error code present from the PCM of cruise control issues.

P1595, P1596, P1597, P1683 these are cruise control error codes...

That is great, thanks for digging that up!! Is it very different than the way mine is wired? I only have one cable going into the APPS from the gas pedal, so no vacuum stuff, also, there was no module that I could see under the driver side battery on mine. So I guess maybe mine is controlled by the ECM?

Ok checked them again, and I am getting P0122 and P1693, and I did wait for both to the pcm and the ecm codes to show up on the dash, that is all that are stored.

Thanks so much. :thumb1:

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Ohh... Also, what might be the easiest way to check for a broke wire in the steering column? Do I have to pull the steering wheel to pull the switches out?

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Mines an 02 and I have no limited slip :cry:

I feel your pain.... I just jacked the back end of this one up and the wheels spin the opposite direction.... Oh well, just one more thing that I don't have to worry about breaking!

Holley, ok I will google that and see if it looks like mine.

Alright, pulled the battery and the tray, and aside from a lot of acid damage to the inner fender, which I will be sanding and repainting asap, I didn't see any broken wires on that harness below the box, although it does look like battery acid has eroded the wire loom and the electrical tape in that area, but the actual wires and their insulation appear to all be ok.

Will do that. Thanks. :thumbup2:

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

haha yeah I love the truck, bought it last week from my grandpa for $7k cash and carry. Trying to fix a few problems though!!! You wouldn't happen to know if the Dana 80 in the 01 and 02 one tons is limited slip from the factory or if that was an option?

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Well I don't think this lift pump is a Holley... All the pictures of Holley blue and black I found with google look a little bit different than this one... I have seen this kind of pump on other trucks I have looked at while truck shopping, and have yet to figure out what kind it is.

hay smokey in live up in independence...bout 90 miles north of tulsa...hay...put a jack underneath the rear end and pick a wheel and spin it...one wheel a turning not a limited slip,,,or write your vin number down and take it to the parts department at dodge and they will give you a complete print out of everything about that truck...like down to the date..mine was made in st.louis.mo.on nov.7,'00...sweet...huh?:woot:
  • Like 1

hay smokey in live up in independence...bout 90 miles north of tulsa...hay...put a jack underneath the rear end and pick a wheel and spin it...one wheel a turning not a posi,,,or write your vin number down and take it to the parts department at dodge and they will give you a complete print out of everything about that truck...like down to the date..mine was made in st.louis.mo.on nov.7,'00...sweet...huh?:woot:

Haha hey we are neighbors! You about tired of all this rain?? Not sure about up there, but down here it is like monsoon season! That is awesome, I will go do that! :thumbup2:

• Owner

That is great, thanks for digging that up!! Is it very different than the way mine is wired? I only have one cable going into the APPS from the gas pedal, so no vacuum stuff, also, there was no module that I could see under the driver side battery on mine. So I guess maybe mine is controlled by the ECM?

Nope... All cruise control is PCM controlled... Just you don't have the vacuum module (second cable)... I'll get the other diagram...

Ok checked them again, and I am getting P0122 and P1693, and I did wait for both to the pcm and the ecm codes to show up on the dash, that is all that are stored.

Well that is for sure a APPS fault code which your going to change with a Timbo APPS...

Thanks so much. :thumb1:

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Ohh... Also, what might be the easiest way to check for a broke wire in the steering column? Do I have to pull the steering wheel to pull the switches out?

Well Before you take anything off the steering column make sure to disconnect the batteries for at least 15 minutes before you start. (Air Bag Safety Measure) I really hate to see ya get hurt by the Air Bag...

But yes just take the screw out of the back of the steering wheel... Should gain you some access...

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

I feel your pain.... I just jacked the back end of this one up and the wheels spin the opposite direction.... Oh well, just one more thing that I don't have to worry about breaking!

Comments in blue...:thumbup2:

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Well I double checked my book... It shows the cruise for the Gasoline system which use the vacuum motor setup... But the steering wheel controls are the same... It just the wires don't go to a vacuum motor but the PCM is wired to APPS...:thumbup2:

• Like 1

Comments in blue...:thumbup2:

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Well I double checked my book... It shows the cruise for the Gasoline system which use the vacuum motor setup... But the steering wheel controls are the same... It just the wires don't go to a vacuum motor but the PCM is wired to APPS...:thumbup2:

Thank you very much sir, if I wasn't broke I would donate to your site. :thumbup2: